X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Berto's Megomeet memories 2010...

It's taken me more than a week to unwind from the Meet. Still have my stuff in tubs and display cases. And to all that have messaged me about stuff they saw in pics or on video...the post MegoMeet list will be coming soon...

First, I just want to say a big THANK YOU to all that stopped by my tables and said hello, bought something, or just admired the Mego goodness that was there. From WeatherWizard Corey to Vintage Mike to Trappy. Thanks. I love talking toys...wish I could do it for a living. That's how much I enjoy it.

Thanks to all the regulars:

Steve (Azrak)...Dude, you know I save that box of stuff just for you and Derek (Flynne) every year BTW...you have me to thank for Tom buying those 6 packs of Molson Ice. Made the switch years ago because Heinekin was just not as good as I remembered it. It's a shame that Sam Adams Octoberfest isn't sold year round....or you would have really gotten hammered. Keep up the good work in the Custom section...

Chuck (megocrazy) ... You drive like a man possessed "Is that a Minivan with a MegoMeet sticker in the back window??" Thanks for hosting the Megosuite this year...and those shirts ROCK. Hopefully the Trek thing pans out cause I wanna see that figure.

Derek (Flynne) ... I'm really glad you made it this year...even with all the bad things that happened...I hope everything for you was made a little better by being amongst "Family"...your Mego Family. You know the door is always open here in NY/NJ for you and the Mrs. And your also my good luck charm in finding Megos in the wild And a HUGE THANK YOU for the Custom Auction figure that soon will be in my collection...I can't say thanks enough.

Jim (megojim)...Ah, the elder statesman and all around great guy to hang with...AWESOME Jeckyl and Hyde figure. The amount of work that went into that figure was well worth what you were charging for it. Thanks for fixing Major Matt...and just thanks for being there. Between you and Scott A. I couldn't stop laughing the last night in the MegoSuite. BTW...I wanna see the original Custom you were working on for the contest. That would have taken first place IMHO...

Scott A. GODZILLA I have to catch my breath after that. I was literally in tears. BTW...you have Chuck to thank for finding those Pirate Pistols...I thought I was gonna completely lose it if he didn't find them. It was great seeing ya again.

Ron (stabilo) It's the same thing every year with you...didn't know if you were gonna make it...but as usual you made it. That was the most complete and best looking Mego Monster Collection I've ever seen...Absolutely incredible. One year I will actually make it to one of the sessions on Mego collecting. Thanks for the trade on the Batman Box...I'm glad that Brian didn't have to go home with it

Chad (noelani) Please tell your son to stop trying to sell me his custom Zelda figure It's a great piece...but I don't know anything about the character It's great to see a dad and his son share what you two share. BTW...Goblin cut me off...cheatin' son of a .....

Art (MegoMilk) ...Dude, you are one of the funniest people I know. Next time bring some customs to SELL!!! I want the Lion O and the Green Hornet that you made...those figures were freakin' cool. BTW...Jonah got his but WHOOPED!!! by Hutch. Horsepower is horsepower...Jonah used to ride one and Hutch drove one to kick Jonah's butt. I'll catch ya at the Javitz show this year...and if you have any original Tiny Titans pages...bring 'em along

Brian Leitner ...One of the most talented people here on the museum. I really wanted to buy some more of your customs...and plan to do in the near future. I'm so stoked about Hawkeye. It's probably the best piece you've done...well it's a tie...with the Galactus figure. Looking forward to future dealings Brian. Thanks again.

Dave McC...Thanks for putting this whole thing together again this year. You do it every year...but I don't think that people realize how much time and effort goes into this...for that I thank you.

Last but certainly not least...to my Big Bro Tom (Wannabemego) I love you man. Without you I probably don't go to the Meet. Every year you selflessly go to the show and make sure that everything and everyone is taken care of. You don't even collect Megos and still do this thing every year. I can't do this without you...so Thanks for everything.

I know there are so many more people to thank...but you all get the gist of what I am saying here. Everyone here on the Museum should attend this Meet at least once just to see the closeness that you can get from a Toy show that has people from all walks of life sharing one passion and that is Megos.
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

Totally on the spot!
    I really appreciate the kind words and taking my boy under your wing.

And....goblin will return!! Bwah haha

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

I figured my pestering you all weekend would at least merit a mention!

still, it was a great time, and I appreciate all you did for me, Berto!
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Mister Blisterfists
        I figured my pestering you all weekend would at least merit a mention!

still, it was a great time, and I appreciate all you did for me, Berto!
        Seeeee.... I said that there were some people I missed

It was great meeting you and I told ya that Superman Bank was a steal

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

There are 4 more acknowledgements I have to make:

Chris DVM...As usual, always a pleasure hangin' out with you...but please don't ever ask me to put a belt through those tiny loop holes EVER AGAIN My bro got his fingers from my moms side of the family...but me, I got mine from my Dad's side of the family. These fat Italian sausage fingers can't do that kind of work...although my dad did it for the majority of his life as a tailor. Thanks for all the free Veterinary advice You are a gentleman and a scholar and don't let anyone tell you any different.

Charlie (MegoGeek) ...Thanks for your OCD...without that, my bro couldn't have gotten such a fantastic deal on comics that I've been telling him to buy for years. And the Lizard Pimp that you and Ron put together...pure genius
          And I gotta get you a new Baseball Jersey. Maybe a hybrid Mets/Cubs jersey with Angel Pagan's number and name on it...thanks to the Cubs for giving up on him....as usual Charlie it was great talking about everything and anything with you...BTW congrats to you and the Mrs. on the baby...I must have missed the announcement on the museum.

Scott (Random Axe) ....It's great talking to someone that understands and GETS comics like you do. It was great talking to ya at Hoss's and hopefully it made the Philly Cheese go down better Can't wait to get Deathstroke.

AAAAA...Thanks for helping me out with protecting my Leitners with those boxes you gave me. Some great stuff you brought to the meet too.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Berto: I wish I was half as good a brother as you or Tom. You may be a 'meanie' on the boards, but seeing you two every year is one of the highlights of Mego Meet for me. On the way home from WV, it was fitting that Listen to What the Man Said came on the radio.

I discovered Molson XXX this weekend. A little more kick than Ice, but not as good taste wise. I'll keep my liver in shape for next year, I'm already looking forward to it. And thank you!

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

I agree with Steve completely. You and Tom make it so worth the drive and help make the meet what it is. So thank you for coming each year.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Hulk
                Mayor of Megoville
                • May 10, 2003

Berto, without you, the dealer room would be devoid of too much Mego charm. From your figures to sale to the vast collection of original parts, your tables make that room complete. Besides, without you and Ron discussing things like New Yorkers do, I'd never feel like I was back east.

Comment

• VintageMike
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 16, 2004

Always great seeing you guys and it wouldn't be the same if you weren't there. I don't always feel at ease jumping into conversations (It's crazy I know, I'll get over it one year) but you and Tom always go out of your way to make me comfortable and talk to me which I appreciate.

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

Yeah, I totally don't regret buying that bank.....been buying a LOT of 70s DC merch lately.

gonna hafta get some snapshots taken as soon as I get things put back where they belong!
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Mego Milk
                      Custom Mego Maker
                      • Jun 3, 2007

aw yeah berto!

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Berto and Tom bring a lot to Mego Meet and I don't mean stuff either. Well, they do bring a lot of that but I think everybody knows what i mean. There are certain people that just have become synonamous with the weekend itself.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
                          House of a thousand Megos
                          • Aug 10, 2009

Thanks Berto for all the megos I bought from you and the great deals you gave me, Jesus is on my night stand preaching to Kirk, Mystery Pilot, Clint Eastwood, and a Breyer Girl in a red DM body-suit. LOL Love my Jesus! I fixed up the Mystery pilot up really nice and made an awesome Neptunian and Tarzan from your parts, thanks Berto!!!
                          Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• boss
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 18, 2003

It's great to see you and Tom. You are two of the nicest guys I've ever met. Also... thanks for pointing out the huge KISS figures under Chad's table. There was no way I was going home without those.
                            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Flynne
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jan 22, 2003

Berto, you and Tom are like the brothers I've never had - thanks to you both for (once again) making the Meet one of the most awesome things ever. Thanks especially for being so cool this year - I deeply appreciate it. The Meet wouldn't be the Meet without you and Tom both. You guys are all heart, and deserving of everyone's heartfelt thanks. I mean, who else would know that at 10:30PM and in the midst of the custom assembly line that the one thing in the World that would hit the spot for me was a Frosty from the Wendy's across the street. Genius!

Thanks again for yet another run at the "Beater Box" (more fixes and cleanings are already in process), and I cannot wait to try my hand at repairing that TARDIS. Oh yeah, it's playset fixin' time! As for the custom auction, you are more than welcome - actually you also owe the guy that called me out during the auction - couldn't just let that go by unanswered.

Also, I see where John Romita, Sr. is going to be at NYCC in October. Well, the wife and I do love NYC...
                              An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎