• Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Twiki1979
    do you know what the other waves are?
    Nope, no one knows yet, except for Mattel of course
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by MEMEGO
      what the heck happened to batman? belt to small,and hes wearing a thong, cowl looks like a toy helmet I had as a child, does anyone remember it? it came out in the 60's when the west series came out.
      Ideal produced the Bat-helmet you're thinking of...
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by megowgsh
        And, I really wish Black Manta's suit wasn't so black. I mean I know Black is in his name but it was a dark blue on Challenge.
        Personally, I'm glad Challenge isn't being used as a primary model source.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Flynne
          Permanent Member
          • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by noelani72
          In 8 years, I have successfully added someone to my ignore list for the first time.
          Carry on.
          Yeah, I think I'm with Chad on this one. It's starting to sound like a vuvuzela - one long, and increasingly annoying, note with nothing behind it but a lot of hot air - sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Oh well, someone had to be first on the list, I suppose...

BTW, I've already preordered a full set and a full case. Oh yeah, Wave 2! Bring it!
          Last edited by Flynne; Jun 22, '10, 9:14 AM.
          An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• Boywonder0
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 29, 2007

Wave 2 is a gem! Plus I'll like to officially cast my vote for the RM Batman. To each their own... Now more waves please!!!

Comment

• toiletmonkey
              Museum Super Collector
              • Apr 28, 2010

I like em! i will most likely pick up one of each. i think aquaman looks alittle young. hope they fixed the waist?

TM
              Think of what you want to be...Then call on me.
              -Action Jackson

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                Ideal produced the Bat-helmet you're thinking of...
                Something tells me Doc was a fan of Ideal...

Comment

• megowgsh
                  Customego HoF Curator
                  • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by huedell
                  Personally, I'm glad Challenge isn't being used as a primary model source.
                  Hey knucklehead! Did you not know what "tongue in cheek" means. LOL
                  Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• toystalker
                    none
                    • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by Flynne
                    Yeah, I think I'm with Chad on this one. It's starting to sound like a vuvuzela - one long, and increasingly annoying, note with nothing behind it but a lot of hot air - sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Oh well, someone had to be first on the list, I suppose...

BTW, I've already preordered a full set and a full case. Oh yeah, Wave 2! Bring it!

i got a funny feeling ive gone and played around in the cp and put 90% of the forum on the list... when i put up a for sale item no one replies

Comment

• Flynne
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by toystalker
                      i got a funny feeling ive gone and played around in the cp and put 90% of the forum on the list... when i put up a for sale item no one replies
                      Got a link to any of those posts? I will gladly take a look
                      An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

so dumb question, but Flynne - where'd ya pre order from?
                        For Wave 1, I pre-ordered from some shop I found on Amazon. Price was a few bucks more than I wanted to pay.

Comment

• Flynne
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by noelani72
                          so dumb question, but Flynne - where'd ya pre order from?
                          For Wave 1, I pre-ordered from some shop I found on Amazon. Price was a few bucks more than I wanted to pay.
                          That's not a dumb question at all. I preordered a set from Amok Time for $79.99 + Shipping (WGSH Series 2 Set of 4) and then a case from Entertainment Earth for $185 + shipping (DC Universe Retro-Action Wave 2 Case - Mattel - DC Comics - Action Figures at Entertainment Earth ) because they were the only preorders I could find at the time selling a sealed case. It's same way I ordered Wave 1 and it worked pretty well for me.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I like 'em. I like the Batman. It does remind me of the Ideal helmet, which I like, and it looks Super Friend-ly as well. I have tons of angry, grim Dark Knight-ish Batmen. A cool Caped Crusader Batman is fine with me. I bet a painted cowl Batman comes later. Mattel likes to keep Supes and Bats on the pegs.

The accessories are a nice touch, and something Mego rarely gave us.

The pink cards...the nostalgia factor is awesome. But I've always lamented Batman being stuck with pink, so my feelings are mixed. I like the Dick Giordano Aquaman on the back. From the Sunbeam sticker set!!!

Chris

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              I like 'em. I like the Batman. It does remind me of the Ideal helmet, which I like, and it looks Super Friend-ly as well. I have tons of angry, grim Dark Knight-ish Batmen.
                              I totally agree. The grim and gritty Dark Knight Batman has been done to death. This figure is like a breath of fresh air in a sea of black armored grimacing Batmans. I haven't liked a Batman figure this much since Super Powers.

My least favorite figure in the wave is Two Face. I think the figure is brilliantly done. Just never that fond of the character. I would have personally much preferred the Joker, Riddler or Penguin before getting Two Face.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 1, 2005

I am very much looking forward to picking up all four of 'em, especially the Batman and Black Manta figures.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎