Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I'll be getting all of them. Time to start daily trips to Toys R Us.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• cactus725
      Caped Crusader
      • Feb 8, 2010

I love the new wave...I'll have them all...just like the last wave!

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

Aquaman is clearly the winner of the bunch. I am glad batman has the long cape, definitely the best correction, and the removeable cowl is better than I thought (and frankly better than Mego did), but I always preferred the painted cowl better, and I hope they come out with one that really gives us the Neal Adams look. I don't understand why Two Face's hair doesn't meet in the middle. The ridge just looks silly. Is that a gun or coin laying at the bottom of Two Face's feet? Black Manta is fine, he's always been the easiest of the bunch to not screw up.

Comment

• Remco Monster
          GLOWS in the Dark!
          • May 3, 2006

Same crappy body and giant boots. I don't mind the look of Batman's cowl, except for the fact the head/cowl just look too big as a whole.

Only one I will probably buy is Black Manta, and switch the body and boots out quick with Castaway gear.

Cards look great though.
          Last edited by Remco Monster; Jun 21, '10, 4:29 PM.

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by pmwasson
            I'll be getting all of them. Time to start daily trips to Toys R Us.
            You better, Paul! I'll be in Portland the first week of July.

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Random Axe
              I don't want to be the first one to say it, I really don't. I'm guessing this is the final product we're seeing in these pics, and the Batman removeable cowl did not improve over the proto. That is not a good representation of Batman, not even a little. I really thought there would have been some improvements in the shape of the mask and at the bottom making it look less like a helmet. Major disappointment.

Now, with that out of the way, the rest looks really, really good. That Aquaman is superb, and Manta looks nice too. I'm on the fence with Two face as I was never a fan, but that does look good. It looks like the same bodies, though.

Mixed feeling seeing these overall. I think Mattel really dropped the ball with Batman and that they got it right with Aquaman. I so want to like this line, I really do. Three out of four is a pretty good ratio, but if you mess a character up, don't let it be Batman.

Scott

Well, I guess you summed my feelings on these pretty well. Batman still sucks. I still like Aquaman & Twoface........and it's VERY apparent that Mattel made NO CHANGES(thunder Thighs)to the Bodies. Bummer.
              sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

When do these hit TRU?
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                  Author of Small Things
                  • Jun 14, 2001

Everything looks good to me. I do, however, wish Two-Face came with his coin!
                  --
                  Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Aquaman is a winner for sure: great outfit and the trident is a plus.
                    Two-Face is another winner: great sculpt and outfit and it does look like there's a coin under his left foot.
                    Same goes for Black Manta: nothing to complain about.
                    And to be honest, I like Batman as well, the removable cowl looks cool to me. His shorts do look a little thonglike, but it's still OK to me. Really cool to see his cape is long. Never had an issue with the boots, they look good to me. I was hoping for a Batarang as accessory, but you can't have it all.
                    The legs on these do look unchanged from wave 1, even tho Mattel said they'd alter that, guess they didn't after all, that's a bit of a letdown.
                    And why oh why give Batman a pink card again? Poor Bats
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Sigh.....
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• VintageMike
                        Permanent Member
                        • Dec 16, 2004

Luckily I only care about the characters that have never been made before.
                        Don't really care about the Batman one way or another as I'm happy with the originals I have. Whatever shortcomings I'm sure kids will eat these up just the way we ate up the original Megos despite their shortcomings at the time. Or won't notice is because they're kids. Which is awesome when you think about it.

Comment

• DocDrako
                          Formerly Doc Drako
                          • Nov 11, 2004

I think the "coin" under Two Face's foot is just one of the air holes in the packaging. I could be wrong though.

Overall I like these, but I'm also disappointed with Batman. I never liked the removable cowl. I would have preferred a molded cowl. But I'll be picking these up anyways. My son won't care one way or the other. He'll just be happy to have them. I think the villains are the best in this wave and I will probably buy them first. It would be nice to see a molded cowl Batman in the future. I'm afraid they're going to give Robin a removable mask as well (if and when they make him) and that bothers me.

I know I could replace the Batman head with a Mego molded cowl head, but the colors wouldn't match so that would irritate me more than the removable cowl. I'll get used to the removable cowl in time I'm sure, but I wish I didn't have to. There should be a variant molded cowl in my opinion. Then people could buy the version they prefer.

I was really hoping that all the figures would come with an accessory because I really enjoyed those extra touches in wave 1 even if Superman didn't have anything. A batarang seems like an obvious accessory for Batman, a gun or at least a coin for Two Face, and something for Black Manta. I don't know what Black Manta uses so I can't be specific there. I thought the accessories were Mattel's way of sweetening the deal when wave 1 came out, but I guess not. The accessories are not really a problem because I'll give Two Face a gun myself, and I'll do some research and give Black Manta something too. I think I have a batarang from another toy line lying around too, so that problem is solved.

Overall, I like wave 2. Are the figures exactly what I wanted? No. But Batman is my only real concern. He's the figure I've wanted the most. I know I'll get over the cowl in time, but I'll never stop hoping for a molded cowl variant. I'll continue to support this line and I wish Mattel nothing but success with the Retro Action line.

I can guarantee that my son will love them all and that makes me happy.

Keep 'em coming, Mattel!

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• hansen14
                            Museum Patron
                            • Feb 10, 2008

All are MUST HAVES!

Comment

• LovethoseMegos
                              Lover of Megos
                              • Jan 3, 2010

This line is going to die off quick.

Comment

• Meule
                                Verbose Member
                                • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by LovethoseMegos
                                This line is going to die off quick.
                                Nah, at least 4 more waves to come, guaranteed.
                                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎