Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

Hmmm...I don't know I'm luke warm on these ones at best.
    aquaman is a total win same with manta and two face but Batman looks as if he is wearing a thong!?!?!?
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

Two-Face has exceeded my expectations. Very nice.
      Batman...meh, looks a little dorky with that big ole melon head.
      I had to photoshop it real quick to see how well he would customize...whaddya think-

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I cannot say I approve of Batman's cowl--it's too thick & I dislike the painted shading.

But the rest of the figure is nice & the other figs look great! I'm very pleased to see Aquamn & Manta...

I wonder if a repro vintage-type cowl might accessorize Batman better? (Nice "custom", Noelani.)
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• timb
          Will Draw for Toys
          • May 1, 2009

WOW, I love them. they look beautiful! I actually like the Bats.
          Last edited by timb; Jun 21, '10, 3:38 PM.

Comment

• starhunter
            where the LEDYS at
            • Jan 15, 2010

I to am definitly not a fan of the batman

Originally posted by Random Axe
            I don't want to be the first one to say it, I really don't. I'm guessing this is the final product we're seeing in these pics, and the Batman removeable cowl did not improve over the proto. That is not a good representation of Batman, not even a little. I really thought there would have been some improvements in the shape of the mask and at the bottom making it look less like a helmet. Major disappointment.

Now, with that out of the way, the rest looks really, really good. That Aquaman is superb, and Manta looks nice too. I'm on the fence with Two face as I was never a fan, but that does look good. It looks like the same bodies, though.

Mixed feeling seeing these overall. I think Mattel really dropped the ball with Batman and that they got it right with Aquaman. I so want to like this line, I really do. Three out of four is a pretty good ratio, but if you mess a character up, don't let it be Batman.

Scott

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

They look great. I like them all. Only getting Aquaman, Black Manta and Two-Face.
              Pass on Batman even though he's my favorite super hero. Looks like a Chippendales dancer to me. LOL Must be the pose.

Comment

• Orion
                Museum Night Watchman
                • Mar 11, 2008

Aquaman and Two-Face are my favorites of this Wave. Like the card color choice as well.

Comment

• toystalker
                  none
                  • Mar 27, 2008

didnt doc do a repro bat cowl like the original retro 1... if folks want to redo it then could use that

legs on bats does looks like hes squatting for a pooh i suppose
                  but i think it still looks like a tidy moc

more i look at aquaman the more i like it

hmm looks like ill have to buy that 1 and go back on the fact that i said i would never buy another retro action figure

that aquaman is too good to pass

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Aquaman looks like a little kid. His face is not crime fighter like at all.

Comment

• Iron_fox85
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 14, 2008

i love them. i hope to god i'll find wave 2 like i found wave 1!

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                        Aquaman looks like a little kid. His face is not crime fighter like at all.
                        Per Doc, I believe it's a resculpt (hair/ears) of the original.

The peachy skin tone does make him look younger, though.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
                          Eccentric Weirdo
                          • Mar 19, 2010

that cowl is fine. You're never gonna be able to get it 100% right, because it's just not possible.

and for the record, the reason it looks LIKE a helmet, is because it IS a helmet. Batman's cowl is protective headgear.
                          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

If Batman's cape was better, that cowl would look so much better.
                            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

Well, I like all 4 and will get all 4. I appreciate them getting done at all and look forward to more waves.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Wee67
                                Museum Correspondent
                                • Apr 2, 2002

I'm pretty excited seeing these come to fruition. I will definitely pick them up. I'm hoping to get them the same way I did the last way- in the wild! I rally enjoyed pulling these off the pegs and taking them to the cashier. If only I could do it in a Kiddie City

I think removeable cowl is just too hard to do. Even Mego had to leave the throat area open in order to get it off and on. I think I would have preferred a painted cowl. That said, I will be buying two.
                                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎