X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garagesale
    Dept. of Mego Studies
    • Aug 8, 2006

Has It Really Been a Week??????

Since we all took off from Wheeling last week, I've been riding the rails, trying to catch up here at home and at work, wrestling with video, and just generally trying to come to terms with the fact that it's over!

I had a great time, ya'll. Hope to see you again next year. Some of you I know I will see earlier than that.

Anyhow, if you want to read in any more depth about my whole adventure, it's posted on my 'blog.

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

Nice recap. Yeah, Wednesday-yesterday I kept thinking the whole "week ago" thing as each day I was thinking about "a week ago".

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Wow! I didn't realize the Warhol museum was so close! I really have to check that out on the way home next year.

It sounds like travel by bus and train is a great opportunity to catch up on reading. I find I don't have as much time to read anymore since I got a car.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• garagesale
        Dept. of Mego Studies
        • Aug 8, 2006

Originally posted by samurainoir
        Wow! I didn't realize the Warhol museum was so close! I really have to check that out on the way home next year.

It sounds like travel by bus and train is a great opportunity to catch up on reading. I find I don't have as much time to read anymore since I got a car.
        Yeah, dude. The Warhol rocks. Really, most action figure customizers have the same essential ethos as Andy had, as we take stuff that already exists and turn it into something new that references and celebrates the original.

I highly recommend the bus and train over flying or driving (unless you have a ton of stuff for your tables). I did get a lot of reading/writing/video watching done during my trip this year!

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
          House of a thousand Megos
          • Aug 10, 2009

I got all this awesome mego stuff to work on at mego meet and now my wife is taking up all my time so I can't finish any of it. I bet I have 20 customs to work on and no time to do them. Mego Meet was awesome as always I have my Indiana Jones right here at work with me. Good to see ya James.
          Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• megojim
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 13, 2001

for me it's like Christmas . . . . all the gearing up and such and then it's here and gone before you know it. Looking forward to 2011!
            My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by megojim
              for me it's like Christmas . . . . all the gearing up and such and then it's here and gone before you know it. Looking forward to 2011!
              exactly the way I see it Jim.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎