Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a Barbie Friend Ship airplane playset?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Does anyone have a Barbie Friend Ship airplane playset?

I have some questions about it, specifically would it be close enough in scale to work with Megos? I know sometimes Barbie stuff works well enough with Megos, but I don't know abut this one. Let me know if you (or some nice lady you live with has one.

Last edited by megoscott; Jun 17, '10, 5:23 PM.
    This profile is no longer active.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

It's close enough more or less. Mego figures would look really short standing next to the cabinets in the kitchen area though. They'd be looking right over the top of them.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• megoscott
      Founding Partner
      • Nov 17, 2006

How do you think they'd do with the airline seats?

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by MegoScott
        How do you think they'd do with the airline seats?
        I haven't played with one for awhile but I think the seats should be okay.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

Thanks much for the response.

If anyone has one and can snap a photo of a Mego with those seats it'd be swell.

Comment

• LadyZod
            Superman's Gal Pal
            • Jan 27, 2007

I don't have the Barbie plane... but I do have the Big Jim plane I can photograph for you.

Which is pretty much the same as the Barbie one... without the Barbie stylings:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
            Check out my art:
            Art Portfolio@Redbubble
            Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• megoscott
              Founding Partner
              • Nov 17, 2006

Yeah, cool, that'd be great. Does it have the seats?

Comment

• LadyZod
                Superman's Gal Pal
                • Jan 27, 2007

I don't have it set up. I've got all the stuff that goes in it somewhere with my Big Jim accessories, but I did dig out the plane part and shot this pic with Spidey so you can gauge scale:

He's standing in front of the table part where the chairs connect to. I can't find the chairs or half of the stuff to build it up proper.

For fun and more Big Jim scale...here's Spidey and MattelMan making a run for the border in a stolen van!

Last edited by LadyZod; Jun 17, '10, 6:25 PM.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                Check out my art:
                Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Captain
                  Fighting the good fight!
                  • Jun 17, 2001

^^^ ROAD TRIP!

I tried my Big Jim plane...The Megos legs wont quite touch the ground when seated....close...but not quite. since the BJ plane doesnt have the passenger seats like Barbies plane, I cant say for certain, but would be tempted to think it would be the same.

...What ya' building Scott? More LOST stuff?

If you can find one, the Mary Kate and Ashley plane fits Megos great.....doesnt look as "playable" as the Mattel plane, but it is a perfect fit. I think the Bratz dolls had a plane too....didnt they?
                  Last edited by Captain; Jun 17, '10, 6:38 PM.
                  "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• megoscott
                    Founding Partner
                    • Nov 17, 2006

Thank you so much for the photos. I was afraid of that... Way too much headroom...Could possibly retrofit the seats--lower their legs.... but I might have to take this as my inspiration and build from scratch.

I love, love, love, this playset, the way it makes the whole outline of the plane in a case that folds up and has that curved wall. It's a perfectly retro approach to the problem and way better than a giant hunk of molded plastic.

Cap'n--yes, of course. An Oceanic 815 playcase would be too funny and too cool.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Barbie really did have the best playsets and vehicles. When I was a kid my Mom was a doll collector and I got to play with a lot of that stuff. Great toys.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

My wife had one for a while, and it was really neat. She sold it due to space issues.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• megoscott
                          Founding Partner
                          • Nov 17, 2006

It might still work the more I think about it. I'd either be applying new art to the existing walls or possibly replacing them altogether and using the plastic framework. You could take care of the headroom problem by installing some overhead baggage compartments. These things are cheap and plentiful on eBay, worth a shot experimenting.

Comment

• Megotu
                            jerk
                            • Dec 16, 2001

The BRatz did have a nigh identical suitcase type plane that is perfect Mego scale. They also had a plastic Lear type Jet that works well.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎