X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nvmbrsdoom5
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 1, 2005

A quick Mego Meet recap

Heya guys, I know there's been plenty of recaps of the weekend already but just wanted to throw in my two cents quickly as possible....

This was my second MM, as I had attended once before waaay back in 2006. Honestly I think I had even more fun this time, which I didn't think was possible! Though I know that not many people really know me or talk to me very much on the boards, I was still greeted warmly and happily by guys like Paul (Hulk), Scott (Random Axe), Brue, and others as soon as we arrived at the museum on Friday. It was the first time attending for my wife Jessica, and she had a really good time too. Ironically she wound up buying more goodies than I did, walking away with an Elektra Barbie, one of Ed's awesome mailer-box Dorothy's, and a few other items. Money was tight for us this weekend unfortunately, but there were so many amazing deals to be found, we still walked away with plenty of good stuff! Being an artist herself, Jess was really impressed with all the customs and the artwork of guys like Scott and Art B. I made a point of trying to attend most or all of the discussion panels, and really enjoyed them. JohnMiic's "what if" discussion made me remember just how much I really adored the Buck Rogers line of toys as a kid. And we really liked Chris' discussion about Fighting Yank and the Mad Monsters, etc. Jess learned quite a bit just from that one discussion!

Everything was fun for the most part, but couple of highlights for me was the Micronauts display (Ray is an awesome guy, glad to meet him), which my wife had a hard time dragging me away from, and Brue's many costume changes was really entertaining! It's always cool seeing Dr. Mego and joking with him, and his excellent deals on his stuff. In fact again I gotta say, kudos to ALL of the dealers for having some really amazing deals, my jaw dropped many times when I saw the reasonable prices on some amazing pieces! David Lee and the Cast-a-way crew were awesome and I love the AT figure I picked up from them

Dinner at Undo's was cool, we were a bit late and the food was fair, but the company we kept was very good, and I was pleased to get to know Samurai Ed and his gf, as well as AAAAA Rich and his dad.
    Many thanks to my buds Austin and Paul (Daremo) for letting us tag along for the long ride (which actually didn't feel all that long) and the fun conversation. I'm sorry that Paul suffered from so much physical pain during the weekend that he couldn't hang out more.
    Unfortunately having other plans with the wife and also suffering some of my own physical pains, I wound up retiring early both nights and never got a chance to check out the Mego Suite. I probably would've wound up being my usual quiet wallflower-self anyhow, but especially after hearing about the rc races I really regret not having made an appearance.

So thanks again to everyone who continues to make this event happen and run smoothly, and to everyone for being cool to us and so friendly. I might not say much but really I love the Mego Museum and the Meet and feel very privileged to be able to be a part of it.

Sorry I guess this wasn't so quick after all, lol....

Here's a link to my Photobucket album of pics, not too many but still some cool ones. I took a lot of the Micronauts display! Let me know if the pics won't show or link doesn't work, please.

-Larry
    Nvmbrsdoom5

MegoMeet 2010 pictures by atrocity73 - Photobucket
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

It was great seeing you again Paul.

Loved the pics, when I saw that Buck Rogers blaster I totally wanted to pick it up and start playing with it.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 1, 2005

I'm Larry, the big guy with the gun in the pics is Paul, we're both in NovDoom =) It's ok people always think I'm Paul or vice versa. We do have a bit of a heavy metal Slag Brothers (wacky racers) thing going on And yeah we couldn't resist playing with that blaster gun, they really shoulda made them!

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I'm sorry Larry, I honestly knew that but seeing Paul in the pic got me all mixed up.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• sauce
          Removed
          • Jun 24, 2007

This is stunning! It reminds me of those Ahmed collection photos, but even more variety and awesomeness packed in!

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 1, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
            I'm sorry Larry, I honestly knew that but seeing Paul in the pic got me all mixed up.
            No worries

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Awesome pic
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

nice pics - great to see you - thanks again for the glove

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 1, 2005

Thomas I knew you'd get a laugh out of that one, you know what goofy guys we can be!

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

I sure do
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎