X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AcroRay
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 17, 2005

Originally posted by nvmbrsdoom5
    Agreed Ray, and I was really glad to talk a bit with you and check out the amazing Micronauts display! And who'd have thought I'd find Dio and King Diamond tourbooks at MegoMeet of all places? LOL
    AcroRay's No-Mego Megomeet Table! I'm glad they found an appreciative home! (KD used to hang in my dorm room, to offend my crazy neo-con roommate!)
    Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
    AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
    The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
    Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

It's good to know about all of those various restaurants and donut shops and stuff in the area, maybe for next year we can compile a list of that stuff and their whereabouts and make 'em available for the 2011 attendees...
      That's a great idea! Particularly if you want to take a couple of extra days after traveling that distance.

We discovered the Highlands on the way home and it's got a really great bookstore and a selection of restaurants.

There are also a couple of interesting places downtown, like the market and a science type shop that was really cool.

I would have actually loved to have brought my camera and spent a couple of hours taking pictures of the architecture and surrounding landscape.

I understand there is some really great hiking and climbing in the area.

On my list next year is the Zoo and the Planetarium at the resort.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

I'd be happy to contribute local area knowledge if someone were interested.

just let me know of some places/things that interest you, or that you like to go, and I'll do everything I can to compile a list.

Local TRU, Target, etc. for those off-site toy runs?, check.
        Places to get good grub?, check.
        Emergency Services?, check.
        I'll cover ya. I don't wanna be the local tour guide, but if it's close enough to the museum, I can certainly hop in the car and you can follow me where you need to go!

The Valley has a lot of great things to offer, and there are actually THREE local toy museums. I can help you get to any one of them if you'd like, as they're all within drivable distances of the Meet.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• trekman101
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2009

It's good to know about all of those various restaurants and donut shops and stuff in the area, maybe for next year we can compile a list of that stuff and their whereabouts and make 'em available for the 2011 attendees...
          On the way home Sunday me and my son stopped in at Cabelas outdoor gear and outfitters off of 70 east(one exit from the meet)....they had every thing in there including an aquarium,fish pond ,wild life exhibits like in Disney,a shooting gallery and restaurant....we spent 3 hours there and picked up new fishing rods & reels
          "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by trekman101
            On the way home Sunday me and my son stopped in at Cabelas outdoor gear and outfitters off of 70 east(one exit from the meet)....they had every thing in there including an aquarium,fish pond ,wild life exhibits like in Disney,a shooting gallery and restaurant....we spent 3 hours there and picked up new fishing rods & reels
            That was at the Highhlands! I wish I had stopped in there, but after lunch, the Pet Store, the book store, Walmart and Target, it was time to hit the road. I'll have to check it out next time.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I wish I had known that myself, would have avoided my trip to Buffalo entirely and gone straight home.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎