Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Awww Yeah MEGO RACING!!!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MegoScott View Post
    Um....what are you guys talking about? Were there photos taken of this glorious event? I'm picturing you strapping Megos to frogs or large gerbils and racing them down the halls of the Super 8.
    I believe it was Rose that brought two Bratz cars and Hulk who set up the eisel and sign up sheet. We raced them in heats down the sidewalk on the hill adjacent to the smoking terrace beside the Mego Suite.

Images
    My Wild Bill was beat in the final by GG. He's not a nice sportsman either. He cheated, I'm sure of it.

Images
    This was a nice surprise on the last day. The ultimate "big kids" moment IMO.
    My quickly devised custom "Van Man"(because he was made with parts from inside the infamous Chips van) was eliminated in the first round. I'll have someone much better ready and waiting for next year!

Images
    Glad someone posted this. it was an idea hatched up by Rose and myself last year that would give the participants of the Mego Suite something else to do.

Many people recognized the cars used (Olson Twin cars) as the same base as the custom cars I used to make, Joker Car, Captain Americar, Spider Car, etc.

I opened two brand new ones in AZ, and used a good portion of my single carry on luggage bringing these to WV. I picked up a sheet of Red and yellow RC car emblems at a Hobbytown outside of Pittsburgh. Rose and I spent more time than anticipated cutting out and applying the stickers Friday Night, and testing them on the improvised race course (a sidewalk on a hilly side of the Super 8). No Megos were used during testing for safety purposes.

We convinced 3 or 4 people to sign up Friday Night, and it took some arm twisting and Rose's feminine persuasion to complete our round of 16 participants. We paired up first round races to create as many interesting rivalries as possible. Example: Jesse James vs Wild Bill Hickok.

I know there were pictures and video taken, so hopefully we'll see some of that posted, but overall, I think people's skepticism was quickly turned into cheering, bragging, and boasting. I think waiting until a few beers had been consumed helped this overall.

Looking forward to this becoming an annual tradition. We may need to expand this to two nights, with one half of the bracket competing on Friday, one on Saturday, concluding with the Finals between the two. Who knows, perhaps even a 2 out of 3 for the finals.

Thomas, playing onstage is a completely different thing than having to be social and interesting to talk to! lol

But hey, you'll notice in that one pic of me I'm rockin the MegoMuseum t-shirt onstage. I try to represent when I can!

Images
    Jonah Hex was robbed!
    He never even saw a car until that night and was expected to drive it against HUTCH?!

Vintage Hutch too!
    Hutch rides in cars everyday!

If it was Horse races, Jonah would have smoked him.

word.

Maybe eventually you can get people to start making some crazy custom rc cars to bring to this MegoMeet car race annually. Each person can make their car unique to themselves and it can be like the MM version of Wacky Racers!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmbrsdoom5 View Post
    Maybe eventually you can get people to start making some crazy custom rc cars to bring to this MegoMeet car race annually. Each person can make their car unique to themselves and it can be like the MM version of Wacky Racers!
    That would be really funny! I could see this developing into a RoboWars type televised contest if we went that route.

BTW, we had a very nice time at dinner with you and your wife (and Austin), and thanks for going to get Ice Cream with us as well!

(what is Rick's screen-name?)

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mego Milk View Post
    Jonah Hex was robbed!
    He never even saw a car until that night and was expected to drive it against HUTCH?!

Vintage Hutch too!
    Hutch rides in cars everyday!

If it was Horse races, Jonah would have smoked him.

word.
    The Fix did seem to be in play with that Heat eh? I can't believe Plastic Man drove off the road against the Hulk! The Hulk can't even HOLD the steering wheel with his hand bunched up in fists like that.

Quote Originally Posted by samurainoir View Post
    That would be really funny! I could see this developing into a RoboWars type televised contest if we went that route.

BTW, we had a very nice time at dinner with you and your wife (and Austin), and thanks for going to get Ice Cream with us as well!

(what is Rick's screen-name?)
    Oh yeah can't forget him (AAAAA) and his dad Mike, it was fun having them dine with us as well!!