X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Awww Yeah MEGO RACING!!!

Huge props to Hulk and the lovely Mrs Mego Milk for organizing the Mego Racing on Saturday night.

It was definitely one of the highlights of an already memorable night, and I think it also helped shy guys like me mingle a bit.

Going to add some weight to my custom Mego race-car driver this year!!

Who was the final winner?
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I seem to remember several people cussing out Green Goblin for his less than sportsmanlike driving.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
      I seem to remember several people cussing out Green Goblin for his less than sportsmanlike driving.
      I wouldn't know what you're talking about

My Wife and Daughter were looking at me funny when I walked in the front door with that Olsen Twins baby blue car....

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 1, 2005

Originally posted by samurainoir

It was definitely one of the highlights of an already memorable night, and I think it also helped shy guys like me mingle a bit.
        Same here, I suffer from the "shy guy" thing too, and if I hadn't have had a bit of a headache and the wife to attend to after dinner, I would've been right there with ya! I heard about the races the next day and was sorry I missed it.

Comment

• megojim
          Permanent Member
          • Oct 13, 2001

It was a great idea that I see as an annual event, my Scarecrow got cut off as well.
          My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by noelani72
            I wouldn't know what you're talking about

My Wife and Daughter were looking at me funny when I walked in the front door with that Olsen Twins baby blue car....
            Did you get the one with the Red Flames or the Yellow Flames?

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by samurainoir
              Did you get the one with the Red Flames or the Yellow Flames?
              Rose wanted the Red one, soooo I gave in

Comment

• David Lee
                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                • Jun 10, 2002

Rigged....

-Dave

Comment

• megoscott
                  Founding Partner
                  • Nov 17, 2006

Um....what are you guys talking about? Were there photos taken of this glorious event? I'm picturing you strapping Megos to frogs or large gerbils and racing them down the halls of the Super 8.
                  This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by nvmbrsdoom5
                    Same here, I suffer from the "shy guy" thing too
                    Could've fooled me

"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by MegoScott
                      Um....what are you guys talking about? Were there photos taken of this glorious event? I'm picturing you strapping Megos to frogs or large gerbils and racing them down the halls of the Super 8.
                      I believe it was Rose that brought two Bratz cars and Hulk who set up the eisel and sign up sheet. We raced them in heats down the sidewalk on the hill adjacent to the smoking terrace beside the Mego Suite.

Comment

• Dave Mc
                        Administrator
                        • Oct 20, 2002

My Wild Bill was beat in the final by GG. He's not a nice sportsman either. He cheated, I'm sure of it.

Comment

• VintageMike
                          Permanent Member
                          • Dec 16, 2004

This was a nice surprise on the last day. The ultimate "big kids" moment IMO.
                          My quickly devised custom "Van Man"(because he was made with parts from inside the infamous Chips van) was eliminated in the first round. I'll have someone much better ready and waiting for next year!

Comment

• Hulk
                            Mayor of Megoville
                            • May 10, 2003

Glad someone posted this. it was an idea hatched up by Rose and myself last year that would give the participants of the Mego Suite something else to do.

Many people recognized the cars used (Olson Twin cars) as the same base as the custom cars I used to make, Joker Car, Captain Americar, Spider Car, etc.

I opened two brand new ones in AZ, and used a good portion of my single carry on luggage bringing these to WV. I picked up a sheet of Red and yellow RC car emblems at a Hobbytown outside of Pittsburgh. Rose and I spent more time than anticipated cutting out and applying the stickers Friday Night, and testing them on the improvised race course (a sidewalk on a hilly side of the Super 8). No Megos were used during testing for safety purposes.

We convinced 3 or 4 people to sign up Friday Night, and it took some arm twisting and Rose's feminine persuasion to complete our round of 16 participants. We paired up first round races to create as many interesting rivalries as possible. Example: Jesse James vs Wild Bill Hickok.

I know there were pictures and video taken, so hopefully we'll see some of that posted, but overall, I think people's skepticism was quickly turned into cheering, bragging, and boasting. I think waiting until a few beers had been consumed helped this overall.

Looking forward to this becoming an annual tradition. We may need to expand this to two nights, with one half of the bracket competing on Friday, one on Saturday, concluding with the Finals between the two. Who knows, perhaps even a 2 out of 3 for the finals.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 1, 2005

Thomas, playing onstage is a completely different thing than having to be social and interesting to talk to! lol

But hey, you'll notice in that one pic of me I'm rockin the MegoMuseum t-shirt onstage. I try to represent when I can!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎