X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trekman101
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2009

Originally posted by samurainoir

I think kid's of board members did the Frankenstein Indy and Challengers of the Unknown, but I don't want to mix them up.
    My son Dean made "Dr. Franken Jones"(the Frankenstein Indy) with a little help from his daddy ...I will post better pics in the "finished customs" category
    "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• Flynne
      Permanent Member
      • Jan 22, 2003

The Spirit was mine, and the Challenger of the Unknown was done by Doug's son (a kid who knows CotU - Aw yeah Batman: The Brave and the Bold!)

Trappy - I really dug your son's knight. Being the resident Medieval MegoHead it's nice to see someone else likes the Medieval stuff too
      An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• spamn
        Minty and All-Original!
        • Mar 28, 2002

I really enjoyed participating in this contest - it forced me to do my first head paint ever. Now I'm looking forward to doing more, where before I was convinced it would take me ages to get to the point where I wouldn't hate my own work.

I was also a part supplier for the winning Cyborg Space Pirate, and it was cool to see someone else adapt a General Grevious arm to Mego hands.

And also, huge thanks to David Lee at Castaway, who, once I figured out an ideal thing to buy for a piece of my custom I was only going to fake with white paper, gave me a sweetheart deal on it and really improved the final product.

Edit: Also Trappy Trek Freak, who hooked me up with a few dips of acetone!
        Last edited by spamn; Jun 15, '10, 9:00 PM.

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by spamn
          I really enjoyed participating in this contest - it forced me to do my first head paint ever. Now I'm looking forward to doing more, where before I was convinced it would take me ages to get to the point where I wouldn't hate my own work.
          I think we both felt this way while we were making our figures. Elijah Snow turned out fantastic. Looking forward to seeing your Jakita Wagner at some point in the future!

There really is nothing like sitting around a table with a bunch of other mego customizers, with tables full of custom fodder in the other room, to really inspire you to give it a try.

I even went and made myself a Doctor Fate afterwards as well since it was so much fun to assemble once you find all the parts.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• spamn
            Minty and All-Original!
            • Mar 28, 2002

I think we both felt this way while we were making our figures. Elijah Snow turned out fantastic.
            We did, and thanks!
            Looking forward to seeing your Jakita Wagner at some point in the future!
            Maybe for next year's contest. I'll have to think hard on all the pieces I'd need to kitbash her to my satisfaction. Elijah was pretty much a no-brainer.
            There really is nothing like sitting around a table with a bunch of other mego customizers, with tables full of custom fodder in the other room, to really inspire you to give it a try.
            Absolutely. Makes me want to set up a local custom workshop get together some weekend. Watching Derek work at his table cleaning outfits and sewing was an inspiration as well.
            I even went and made myself a Doctor Fate afterwards as well since it was so much fun to assemble once you find all the parts.
            Post a pic! Did you paint the head? That's a paint job I'd take on. But I'm waiting to see if Mattel releases one before I invest in my own custom.
            Last edited by spamn; Jun 15, '10, 9:00 PM.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
              Formerly known as Del
              • Dec 12, 2004

Ed, I got a real kick out of seeing you make a break for that painting table, resin head and suit in hand!
              Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
              https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
              http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎