X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megojim
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 13, 2001

Jim's Mego Meet run down

WOW! Another year here and gone . . . it goes by so quickly. This was my third year to make the Mego Meet and was every bit as fun as the first two. First, a big THANKS to Allen and the Kruger St. Toy and Train Museum for putting up with us for the weekend. Honorable mention goes to the ladies in the Kitchen on Saturday, they make a MEAN Sloppy Joe! It was great to see old friends and make some new ones. Ed/Samurainoir, your enthusiasm was true greatness, it's the root of what this group is about. It was nice to meet Shane, Trappy, Paul and son and the other newbies. I've "known" Greg Mason via the internet for many years and he is just a good aguy in person. To all the veteran attendees it's like going home for Christmas and seein' the family. Ed Nagy and family, my prayers are with you. Chris, Hulk, Scott, ScottA, Brue, Tom, Berto, Palitoy, Davemc, Bliet, Ron, John, Mike, Derek, doc (these are not the droids you are looking for) mego, art & rose, Charley, Doug, Steve M, Austin, Dave, Brian & Jason and I'm sure I'm missing a couple, but you guys are like brothers and it's always great seein' ya. I had a great time putting together the SCARECROW (plan B) for the kitbash which had a lot of great entries. I hope to post (plan A) soon.

I picked up some great items (see below) best of which are Brian Leitner's custom 12" Flash and a Circle Suit Spidey from Berto, yes I finally have one! Thanks man! Chris and his crew put together the BEST Exclusive figure to date, The Indiana Jones figure ROCKS! buy it now, if available, or regret it going to your grave! Last but not least two professionally illustrated pics from the ART, notice the new avatar! This is always a highlight of Mego Meet for me. But the best thing I bring home are the memories of talking toys with good people over a few cold ones, it just doesn't get much better. In closing thanks to all who purchased a Dr. Jekyl figure I hope you enjoy it! . . . . . can't wait til next year!
    -Jim

Last edited by megojim; Jun 14, '10, 1:44 PM.
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

So, you're the one who scored the Flash. I was in the back of the room and didn't really hear any of the bidding or see who won what. Hopefully that list gets posted in the next week or so. I'd say you made out pretty good this weekend.

Great to see you again, Jimbo.

Scott
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

One of the things I like best about the meet recaps is seeing Arts art. It really captures the camaraderie of the museum patrons. Yessir, that is the kind of stuff that makes this the place it is.

good times

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

That's a great haul, Jim. Those drawings by Art are really cool
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 1, 2005

Congrats on getting that 12" Flash, I definitely thought that was one of the coolest items I saw there!

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
            MeGoing
            • May 14, 2003

Awesome haul. Looks like Aquaman is going to be very happy.

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

You the man, Jim. Thanks again on the Jekyl figure. Great stuff.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• megowgsh
                Customego HoF Curator
                • Nov 19, 2003

Jim, it is always great to see you. You are one of my oldest and dearest friends in the Mego world.

Please do not forget to tell Sean I said "Hello!"

Austin
                Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Flynne
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jan 22, 2003

Always a pleasure to see you and talk with you, Jim. It's also nice to know that there is someone else to share the Pittsburgh Airport travel woes with. Congrats on yet another phenomenal custom for the Meet - I saw many a MegoHead walking away with a Dr. Jekyl.
                  An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• Mego Milk
                    Custom Mego Maker
                    • Jun 3, 2007

aw yeah Iron Jim!

Comment

• MegoAddict
                      Official Mego Sniffer
                      • May 16, 2010

very nice
                      I LIVE for the "attic smell" of Mego's!!!

Comment

• garagesale
                        Dept. of Mego Studies
                        • Aug 8, 2006

Jim:

Another great meet. And thanks for the ride to the Pittsburgh Airport!

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• megojim
                          Permanent Member
                          • Oct 13, 2001

not a problem James, my pleasure . . . .
                          My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• almitysufx
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 27, 2004

Jim, I was so glad you were able to make it this year. Thanks for the trade! I hope we get a chance to hang out and chat more next year.

Comment

• megojim
                              Permanent Member
                              • Oct 13, 2001

thanks buddy, enjoyed hanging out with you and again, sorry the trip ended the way it did for you.
                              My Custom Figures

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎