Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Made it home - here's my loot.

Quote Originally Posted by fossilfuse View Post
    It all looks great, especially the Batman. Does anybody know where the bubble on the Batman card came from? I have been looking for a taller bubble for my figs.
    the card and bubble are mine from back in the day.
    If I tell you where the bubble came from...I'd have to do an Achmed the Dead Terrorist on you.

The bubble is a good inch taller, so it accomodates figs like this Batman as well as Andorian. However, it is not wide enough for Hulk-style figs. The Superman I made over the weekend will not fit in it

The card itself has full backside art in classic Kresge-style and is punched with my custom tools.

Images
    Blog Entries
    neolani72, I can't remember very well, but were you the one who was also in Software QA?

Quote Originally Posted by samurainoir View Post
    neolani72, I can't remember very well, but were you the one who was also in Software QA?
    I did the Q&A panel last year. I described how I made my backer cards back in the day and I may have showed examples using my pc connected to the projector.

Images
    So, do you sell the bubbles? I have 6 to 8 taller figures, and I can't seem to find anyone who sells these darn things.

Images
    Nope, that was me, Ed It was a pleasure to meet you, your girlfriend, and your dog at the Meet.

Same goes for the Gordys - it was nice to finally get to meet you after all these years, Mr. Gordy. I was hoping for the Iron Man suit since I missed it last year, but cest la vie
    An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynne View Post
    Nope, that was me, Ed It was a pleasure to meet you, your girlfriend, and your dog at the Meet.
    I really needed to thank you for conversing with Jen in the Mego Suite! After 24 hours of exclusively Mego-talk, she just lit up when she realized there was someone in the room smart enough to know what she was talking about in regards to what she does for a living and the terminology associated with it.

You can only imagine the Abbott and Costello routine that she and I have around the words "agile" and "waterfall".

Images
    I really needed to thank you for conversing with Jen in the Mego Suite! After 24 hours of exclusively Mego-talk, she just lit up when she realized there was someone in the room smart enough to know what she was talking about in regards to what she does for a living and the terminology associated with it.

You can only imagine the Abbott and Costello routine that she and I have around the words "agile" and "waterfall".
    Yeah, because I need an excuse to talk to a beautiful and inteligent woman. As for work, as much as I would love to be repairing and customizing all day I gotz ta pay da bills, so it's off to the IT world I go (It's technically what I am (supposed) doing right now). We do really get stuck in our IT "buzzwords" so conversations can sound muck like Cold War Era Spy Speak.
    An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Quote Originally Posted by Flynne View Post
    Same goes for the Gordys - it was nice to finally get to meet you after all these years, Mr. Gordy. I was hoping for the Iron Man suit since I missed it last year, but cest la vie
    well....maaaybe Iron Man can make an appearance next year. Depends what I have to pack, and if I use my 24MPG SUV vs. 40MPG focus

It's nice to put faces and personalities with museum names.

nice loot indeed
    I LIVE for the "attic smell" of Mego's!!!