Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man, you guys are the best....

Man, you guys are the best....

No Joke. I've been to a LOT of toy shows, and I have never felt more welcome, and more at ease at any show than I was at Mego Meet!

everybody was genuinely friendly, and everybody was there to have a good time! Mission Accomplished!, I am truly impressed. I chatted with people I met for the first time (well, being a first timer that's not unexpected), but it felt like we were old friends!

everybody was truly wonderful, and truly helpful, and I am very happy to have been a part of it!

I will be back for sure next year, and I'll be putting up a table to boot!

there was plenty to see and do, and there were bargains for any budget!

I had so much fun that I can't end a single sentence without an exclamation point! Thanks to EVERYBODY for making my first MegoMeet the first of MANY more to come!

(oh, and I will be dropping by again on Saturday, since its local, but only for a little while. I have to snag the Show Exclusive Indy, and try to catch a few words with Dr. Mego)

"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

True!

Images
    Blog Entries
    I am having a blast at MegoMeet. Everyone is super awesome, and I am bleeding money, but going home with lots of great toys.

Heading out to dinner now!

I will start putting pics and impressions in this thread ASAP. Promise!

Great meeting both of you . . . . And mbf's thoughts are echoed by many
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Donít you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Images
    Seeing the newcomers enjoying everyone's efforts makes it all worthwhile. We can sometimes become jaded seeing some of the same things, but seeing the look of wonder of a first timer is like watching a kid at Christmas. Seeing those people the next year is even better.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Blisterfists View Post
    No Joke. I've been to a LOT of toy shows, and I have never felt more welcome, and more at ease at any show than I was at Mego Meet!
    What time did you get there on Saturday? I don't think I got to meet you.
    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

I was only there BRIEFLY on Saturday...less than an hour. Would've been between Noon and 1:00

Images
    it is a different thing.

mego meet sounds like a toy or comic show on the outside but i have had to start telling my friends it is a national club gathering of friends.

yes, toys are sold and bought but that is just the ti of the ice berg.

it really is a social event and most people already know eachother - and like you said new people are made to feel welcome.

what other convention do you feel fine leaving everything on your table while you head to lunch or *gasp* over night without anyone watching it.

oh yes, people have taken stuff off my table while i was gone - only to have them track me down to offer cash.

aptly called mego MEET rather than convention.