X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Man, you guys are the best....

No Joke. I've been to a LOT of toy shows, and I have never felt more welcome, and more at ease at any show than I was at Mego Meet!

everybody was genuinely friendly, and everybody was there to have a good time! Mission Accomplished!, I am truly impressed. I chatted with people I met for the first time (well, being a first timer that's not unexpected), but it felt like we were old friends!

everybody was truly wonderful, and truly helpful, and I am very happy to have been a part of it!

I will be back for sure next year, and I'll be putting up a table to boot!

there was plenty to see and do, and there were bargains for any budget!

I had so much fun that I can't end a single sentence without an exclamation point! Thanks to EVERYBODY for making my first MegoMeet the first of MANY more to come!

(oh, and I will be dropping by again on Saturday, since its local, but only for a little while. I have to snag the Show Exclusive Indy, and try to catch a few words with Dr. Mego)
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• sauce
      Removed
      • Jun 24, 2007

True!

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

I am having a blast at MegoMeet. Everyone is super awesome, and I am bleeding money, but going home with lots of great toys.

Heading out to dinner now!
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

I will start putting pics and impressions in this thread ASAP. Promise!
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• megojim
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 13, 2001

Great meeting both of you . . . . And mbf's thoughts are echoed by many
            My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

Seeing the newcomers enjoying everyone's efforts makes it all worthwhile. We can sometimes become jaded seeing some of the same things, but seeing the look of wonder of a first timer is like watching a kid at Christmas. Seeing those people the next year is even better.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                Formerly known as Del
                • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by Mister Blisterfists
                No Joke. I've been to a LOT of toy shows, and I have never felt more welcome, and more at ease at any show than I was at Mego Meet!
                What time did you get there on Saturday? I don't think I got to meet you.
                Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

I was only there BRIEFLY on Saturday...less than an hour. Would've been between Noon and 1:00

Comment

• Brue
                    User without title
                    • Sep 29, 2005

it is a different thing.

mego meet sounds like a toy or comic show on the outside but i have had to start telling my friends it is a national club gathering of friends.

yes, toys are sold and bought but that is just the ti of the ice berg.

it really is a social event and most people already know eachother - and like you said new people are made to feel welcome.

what other convention do you feel fine leaving everything on your table while you head to lunch or *gasp* over night without anyone watching it.

oh yes, people have taken stuff off my table while i was gone - only to have them track me down to offer cash.

aptly called mego MEET rather than convention.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 18, 2008

I am still mad i had to work. I can't miss it again next year.

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

Okay, I did NOT get any pics AT the meet. My camera is fudtzing with me, and I didn't want the hassle of trying to get it to work at the show.

I use it for ghost hunting, and i think I might have one living in it....:D

anyway, it was working fine enough to snap these pics:

My First Complete MegoMeet custom (I have a few others I wish to do, but I only have a few parts for them at the moment, but plan on placing a large order with CAW and DOC in the near future.)

My Aquaman and Mummy.

Completed my T1 Batman, he's 100% original!

My T1 Robin is looking dapper in his Doc Mego Gloves and emblem (These are only temporary, I plan on completing him eventually)

Ollie is likewise sporting a Doc Hat, Quiver and Bow, until I can get originals.

Toldja I use my camera for taking pics of ghosts!, now I need his belt and guns!

And Finally, I picked up the con custom for a member of the board who was not able to attend.

Comment

• B-Lister
                          Eccentric Weirdo
                          • Mar 19, 2010

Okay gang, I'm a week removed from the meet, and I get the feeling that I missed out on a lot.

no worries, It was my first Meet, and I was trying to get a feel for the place, and start forging friendships. The after hours events don't hold any appeal for me as I am not a drinker, but I am a little sad that I missed the races, and some of the panels.

still, there's always next year. Anyway, as I said before, I really had a great time, and it was a lot of fun meeting some new friends. I enjoyed talking with Berto and Random Axe, and I also talked briefly with AcroRay, and Palitoy. I hope to spend more time socializing and less time shopping next year.

Comment

• MegoAddict
                            Official Mego Sniffer
                            • May 16, 2010

awesome pics, thx for sharing
                            I LIVE for the "attic smell" of Mego's!!!

Comment

• MegoAddict
                              Official Mego Sniffer
                              • May 16, 2010

wish i was there..hopefully can hit it soon..
                              I LIVE for the "attic smell" of Mego's!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎