X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
    Somebody made a really great Barnabus custom once, I can't find pictures of it but I think it was Todd Waters/Illegal Mego. Anyone remember it?
    Brian Larsen made one back in the mailing list days:

Comment

• Titan4ever
      Museum Patron
      • Oct 29, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      For years I heard my dad go on and on about Dark Shadows, a horror soap opera. It always sounded spookily cool, and reminded me of the Hammer movies I'd seen. Finally, when I was about 14 or so, the Sci-Fi channel came to our cable system, and for one whole summer, every day, I watched Dark Shadows every morning. I got hooked. I esp. liked the werewolf subplot.

The 90s series tried too hard, I thought. It had potential, but something was just off.

Chris
      Exactly my take on the 90's version too. IMHO, casting Ben Cross as Barnabas didn't help; his portrayal was too unsympathetic to empathize with.

I had heard about it for years, but must have been a little too young to remember it from childhood. However, in college out in AZ in '87, one of the local stations ran episodes of DS and ST:TOS back to back every day, and I RAN home from campus every afternoon so I wouldn't miss a minute.

Shortly thereafter, I found the same LP at a local used book/record shop that was mentioned earlier. A couple of years ago, a DS CD was produced with most of those same tracks, plus other music from both of the series as well. I always liked Josette's music box theme.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Why was Barnabas always running away from Angelique? I'd take her over Maggie Evans, Victoria Winters or Josette duPres anyday....fangs and all!
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

From Wikipedia, about the most recent pilot:

In 2004, a pilot for a new WB network Dark Shadows series starring Marley Shelton as Victoria Winters and Alec Newman as Barnabas Collins was written and shot, but never picked up. The pilot has been screened at the Dark Shadows Festival conventions with Dan Curtis Productions' blessing, but has yet to surface elsewhere. This pilot was produced by Warner Bros. Television.

Variety.com reported on July 26, 2007 that Warner Bros. was teaming up with Johnny Depp to produce a new feature film based on the show.
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎