X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duncan
    Museum focus-groupie
    • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by HardyGirl
    ...and found out that one of the managers used to short change my drawer to get me fired! Sadly, it worked.
    Yeah, you meet some classy people at your first jobs. I worked at a Dunkin Donuts when I was 15, and rode along on the delivery truck. One morning the guy driving decided to get stoned while flying around back roads in South Jersey. A few days later he missed work. The manager asked, "Where's Rick?"

"Oh, yeah, he's in jail." said a coworker. Y'know, just a routine incarceration.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Cmonster
      JP-- C'mon man... It's hard to picture a kid not liking a Big Mac... You're KILLING me!!! I guess it's time to put the brakes on that Alex the Droog custom I'm working on. Oh well...

SC
      yeah man,I've been hooked since the first time I tried it. That's basically the only thing I order and chicken nuggets and sometimes the Fish...I don't know I like it
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

The Double Quarter Pounder with cheese is a much heartier burger than the Big Mac. The big Mac is all bun, super thin meat patties...and lettuce.

I just don't like that secret sweet sauce they put in those Big Macs...and that shredded lettuce just gets in the way.

I rather get two regular cheesburgers than a Big Mac.
        sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

I think I had my fill of McDonald's way back when during the '84 Olympics tie-in. After having all of the free food then,it lost something afterward.

Comment

• LadyZod
            Superman's Gal Pal
            • Jan 27, 2007

Originally posted by HardyGirl
            When I was a kid in NYC, going to McD's was a big deal for 2 reasons: 1) It was a treat, and 2) we had to walk 10 blocks to get there. There wasn't one near our place and my mom didn't drive.
            Man, I just had to do a doubletake and make sure *I* didn't post that.

Same experience, right down to the city

Many memories of walking with my mom to Cityline for shopping, videotape rentals (remember those) and a stop at McDonalds.

Back then the chocolate we had to sell for school ("World's Greatest Chocolate", anyone?) had those coupons on the wrapper for a free hamburger... I got many free hamburgers as a kid. My dad would sell the chocolate to his buddies at work, but demanded the white outer wrappers back
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
            Check out my art:
            Art Portfolio@Redbubble
            Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by LadyZod
              Man, I just had to do a doubletake and make sure *I* didn't post that.

Same experience, right down to the city

Many memories of walking with my mom to Cityline for shopping, videotape rentals (remember those) and a stop at McDonalds.

Back then the chocolate we had to sell for school ("World's Greatest Chocolate", anyone?) had those coupons on the wrapper for a free hamburger... I got many free hamburgers as a kid. My dad would sell the chocolate to his buddies at work, but demanded the white outer wrappers back
              That is a coincidence. But we lived on 158th St. and walked to the McD's on 168th and Broadway. And there were no video rentals in the 70s. I do remember always wanting to bring a toy along, and I'd always get one of 2 answers: "No" or "you better not ask me to carry it half way there". Most of time, I left the toy at home.

And that McD's is no longer there.
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• LadyZod
                Superman's Gal Pal
                • Jan 27, 2007

We lived off 84th st (on 102nd Rd) in Ozone Park, Queens... the McD's we walked to was off 76th st and 101 Ave (7 blocks down from my elementary school)... and if Google's streetview is accurate, it's still there. Updated, without the outside McDonaldland park, but it's still there!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                Check out my art:
                Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎