X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

taking a long shot, but looking for a robot toy

I have no idea if the item was a Hong Kong bootleg or part of a collection or a one off from some company....

I would say end of the 70's to early 80's, a neighbor of mine had this cool (assuming 5-7") tall robot that had a small mouth piece protruding from it's back. When you would blow into this, a spinning fan blade (style) would spin on the front of his chest and it would make that loud annoying whistle sound you sometimes can get if you vacuum your pc's fan while the system is off. The whistle would drive his mom crazy and sadly this robot met his end in the garbage pail because of it.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I would say he might have had a Shogun Warrior style like design, but I know for a fact it was not a Shogun. I also think he was partially metal, but that could be memory not recalling it correctly

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"
  • Sowth
    Career Member
    • Mar 14, 2006

Your memory is very good, that's a Bullmark Diapolon you're describing:

They are really heavy, a beautifully made toy and very desirable today. I've got a loose one somewhere missing his projectiles, will try to find a pic.

Cheers,
    Will

Edit:
    Actually that one I've shown might be a wind-up, not a blower, so I'll find that pic of mine and post it.
    Last edited by Sowth; Jun 6, '10, 10:35 AM.
    Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• mazinz
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 2, 2007

re

Thats is awesome! Thank you fo the reply. I think the blade on his was yellow and from what I can recall it was permanently attatched to the chest (then again I never saw it shoot off so maybe it was a snap on).

Looking forward to seeing the pic when you find it

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I've seen that guy in catalogs, thought I had it on the site but all I can find is this for now:

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• mazinz
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
          I've seen that guy in catalogs, thought I had it on the site but all I can find is this for now:

http://www.plaidstallions.com/toyfair/starroid.jpg
          those are cool too!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎