X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by Brown Bear
    You know what's funny? I miss this every year because it always falls on the first Saturday in June, meaning my charity softball tournament.

This was the first time my tourny ever booked it for the second week in June and look what happens!

Some day.
    Something similar almost happened to me. The company I work for normally schedules inventories in early June but specifically avoids the first week since they know I want to free for the Meet. This year of course they sent out the inventory schedule with the date of Friday June 11! Luckily since I'm the senior inventory control person and our results are largely tied to what I do I kicked, I screamed and they moved it up a week for me.

Comment

• Duncan
      Museum focus-groupie
      • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by Brown Bear
      You know what's funny? I miss this every year because it always falls on the first Saturday in June, meaning my charity softball tournament.

This was the first time my tourny ever booked it for the second week in June and look what happens!

Some day.
      I'm thinking that maybe your old rotator cuff injury is due to act up again. Hint, hint .

Comment

• kryptosmaster
        Removed.
        • Jun 14, 2008

I think the original poster is referring to the notice at the bottom of the menu page today:

Today's Events
        Calendar
        Megomeet: Jun 4, '10

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

Phew!

thank goodness!

AND it falls on payday for me too, so I got that going for me, which is nice.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• trekman101
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
            Actually I owe Dave a lot by switching the dates, my daughter's BIG dance recital is tomorrow and if Megomeet was then, there was no way/no how I could make it.
            Same hear...my daughter was born this week so there was no way I could go to the meet
            "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• Dave Mc
              Administrator
              • Oct 20, 2002

I AM all knowing, and try to take things into account. 6 months ago when the date was settled, I knew all these things were coming, and I just wanted to help.

Comment

• Chris DVM
                Veterinarian Member
                • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by Dave Mc
                I AM all knowing, and try to take things into account. 6 months ago when the date was settled, I knew all these things were coming, and I just wanted to help.
                Hey,
                All Hail the Mighty Dave!! Moving the Meet one week makes it possible for my youngest daughter to have both her dance recital AND get to see her grandparents while I go to the Meet. It also makes it possible for me to have a birthday party on my first daughters birthday (June 1st) without missing the meet.
                Chris DVM
                "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

• David Lee
                  The Fix-it-up Chappie
                  • Jun 10, 2002

Originally Posted by Trappy Trek Freak
                  Thank Jesus!!! I will be there next week!

We just call him Dave McCormick... but I guess if he's cool with it, you can call him Jesus

-Dave

Originally posted by Dave Mc
                  See? huh?... told ya

-Dave

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎