X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Palitoy Action Man 1979

While G.I. Joe was a fond memory for North American kids, he was living large in the UK under the guise of Action Man. Action Man was not only popular but he was outselling Star Wars action figures, which is no small feat.
    What differentiates the line from the G.I. Joe we knew as a kid is that Action Man never lost it's military flavour. Sure you could get an Adventurer with a beard but for the most part, Action Man was a clean cut, rough and tumble soldier (and sometimes space ranger) with a multitude of cool outfits and a battalion of groovy vehicles to back him up.

Included in this great catalog are some shots of my pal Bill Frost's wicked Action Man collection, which includes US characters like Atomic Man and Bullet Man with a UK twist.

More Military Might:

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

That bulletman with the rockets on his boots is awesome.

Comment

• david_b
      Never had enough toys..
      • May 9, 2008

Being a BIG Joe collector throughout the '90s and '00s, I love the Gyperman and Action man vehicles the best for the different colors. I have a MIMB Gyperman ATV in dark olive drab, which is awesome.. Instead of a string on the winch, it's actually a metal chain.

The European lines had a lot of the AT vehicles in OD Army colors, which to me made them all the more cooler to have.

david_b
      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

I liked Palitoy joes except the eagle eye ones
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

I have Space Rangers and a couple of Eagle Eyes.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 12, 2016

Love a lot of the Action Man sets...I have a MIB Air Strike copter (awesome box art) and a boxed Secret mission pod set in my joe collection...
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I have Bulletman, Mike Power, Capt. Zargon, the Zargonite Pirate, and I just got a talking Space Ranger stateside.

I bought a lot of AM 40th stuff to round out my 40th GI Joes and do a few customs, too. I wish I had bought all of the repro SOTW sets and the Highlander...sigh.

One of my favorite Palitoy items to use with Joe is the machine gun embankment set, and I have the AM Sea Wolf instead of the US version.

I'd like to do a custom Tom Stone, but Hobbycrash does not have any base figures in stock.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 21, '23, 5:13 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎