X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by megalomaniac001
    Here you go. The new arms don't go down quite as close as the original.

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file.../Twobodies.jpg
    Great! Thanks for the pic.

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

Thanks for the review! I don't know the others around here but when a new Mego Like body is launched at the market, I am always particular about how it is built and how compatible would be to other Mego like bodies. I guess there is a little of Dr. Frankenstein in me... This tutorial is wonderful and I'll be ever grateful to you because in my life I would have teared apart a wonderful ZICA body just to find out how it was built...

So, again thanks a bunch. Ah, and IMHO I think the original Zica Body arms would look nicer in your Thor figure than the exagerated wrestler arms. Somebody here had posted a picture of the Mego Thor transplanted to a ZICA body and it looks wonderful. Their muscle definition and size as well as the arm length look more natural. Not that those you assembled to your figure look bad but a bit less natural.

Comment

• Jerry68
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 12, 2008

Very gutsy move taking that apart. Nic job on the post. I think the bigger shoulders look great, especially for a Batman, Superman type of character. Craig, Perhaps you could tool up some bodies with those type of arms? I know start up costs are big, but it really compliments your figure. Just a thought. I still love the way the Zica body moves, it feels real sturdy.
        sigpic

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Jerry68
          Very gutsy move taking that apart. Nic job on the post. I think the bigger shoulders look great, especially for a Batman, Superman type of character. Craig, Perhaps you could tool up some bodies with those type of arms? I know start up costs are big, but it really compliments your figure. Just a thought. I still love the way the Zica body moves, it feels real sturdy.
          It's something I'll look into later down the road but right now all of my attention has to be focused on Buck Rogers and getting a female body made.
          Last edited by ZICA; May 29, '10, 7:22 PM.

Comment

• Jerry68
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by ZICA
            It something I'll look into later down the road but right now all of my attention has to be focused on Buck Rogers and getting a female body made.
            The Female body is tops on everyones list, especially mine.
            sigpic

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Hopefully before this Christmas.

I can't wait to see how Buck and Tigerman turn out.
              JediJaida

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

I think I'm going to try swapping the arms for a Bret Hart custom I'm planning. This tutorial is just one of many reasons why this Forum is such a great place.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎