Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zica Disassembled

Images
    Very interesting! Thank you for tearing apart one of your Figures. I like the way the Arms have the rounded Pins on them, similar to a Wrestling Figure I used in the past...and are easily attached to a Mego Body.

Images
    Thank you for showing us how the figure is put together. I'm too much of a cowardly lion to take apart the body like that. It never assembles back correctly for me.

Images
    Blog Entries
    When I saw the title for this thread, my first thought was "He took it apart? WHY?"

Then I actually clicked on the thread and looked at the pictures.

Very neat job of cutting them open, and the way you compared all of the arms is neat.

One thing I like about these is that they SIT properly! Since they're not strung with rubber bands, the legs don't splay apart once the figure is put into a sitting position.
    JediJaida

Quote Originally Posted by JediJaida View Post
    When I saw the title for this thread, my first thought was "He took it apart? WHY?"

Then I actually clicked on the thread and looked at the pictures.

Very neat job of cutting them open, and the way you compared all of the arms is neat.

One thing I like about these is that they SIT properly! Since they're not strung with rubber bands, the legs don't splay apart once the figure is put into a sitting position.
    oh yeah. let
    s put him on a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by ZICA View Post
    Nice work! Could you do me a favor and post a pic of the modified body with the arms positioned straight down at the sides?

Craig
    Here you go. The new arms don't go down quite as close as the original.

Quote Originally Posted by megalomaniac001 View Post
    Here you go. The new arms don't go down quite as close as the original.

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file.../Twobodies.jpg
    Great! Thanks for the pic.

Thanks for the review! I don't know the others around here but when a new Mego Like body is launched at the market, I am always particular about how it is built and how compatible would be to other Mego like bodies. I guess there is a little of Dr. Frankenstein in me... This tutorial is wonderful and I'll be ever grateful to you because in my life I would have teared apart a wonderful ZICA body just to find out how it was built...

So, again thanks a bunch. Ah, and IMHO I think the original Zica Body arms would look nicer in your Thor figure than the exagerated wrestler arms. Somebody here had posted a picture of the Mego Thor transplanted to a ZICA body and it looks wonderful. Their muscle definition and size as well as the arm length look more natural. Not that those you assembled to your figure look bad but a bit less natural.

Images
    Very gutsy move taking that apart. Nic job on the post. I think the bigger shoulders look great, especially for a Batman, Superman type of character. Craig, Perhaps you could tool up some bodies with those type of arms? I know start up costs are big, but it really compliments your figure. Just a thought. I still love the way the Zica body moves, it feels real sturdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry68 View Post
    Very gutsy move taking that apart. Nic job on the post. I think the bigger shoulders look great, especially for a Batman, Superman type of character. Craig, Perhaps you could tool up some bodies with those type of arms? I know start up costs are big, but it really compliments your figure. Just a thought. I still love the way the Zica body moves, it feels real sturdy.
    It's something I'll look into later down the road but right now all of my attention has to be focused on Buck Rogers and getting a female body made.
    Last edited by ZICA; May 29, '10 at 7:22 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ZICA View Post
    It something I'll look into later down the road but right now all of my attention has to be focused on Buck Rogers and getting a female body made.
    The Female body is tops on everyones list, especially mine.