X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megalomaniac001
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

Zica Disassembled

I am a fan of the new Zica body. I put a Mattel Superman suit on a Zica body and was truly impressed. The Zica body has a great Golden and Silver Age vibe to it I think. However, I felt that the body would be even better (for certain characters) if it had some larger shoulders and arms. So I got out the x-acto (cue mad scientist laugh here)......

As you can see, the Zica body is constructed much like the poor wrestler here. (The wrestler was on sale for 7 bucks at TRU part of the Cyber Sunday line)

Here are three arms I have, the one one the left is a large arm I wanted for Thor, I think it may be too big! The middle one is the new wrestler and the one on the right is the Zica arm. Notice that the smaller wrestler arm has the same size round peg top on the shoulder joint. (the big arm would need to be trimmed to fit)

close up of the Zica chest with the new arms. I used the white spacer in the shoulder joint from the wrestler because I thought it filled the space better than the Zica spacers (The round peg top seams thicker on the wrestlers arms).

Here is a shot showing the chest and waist. It is a bit tricky putting this back together because the chest goes inside the waist a bit.
    Last edited by megalomaniac001; May 27, '10, 11:38 PM. Reason: Last pic didn't show up
  • megalomaniac001
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

Completed side by side...

"The Beach is that way!" Side by side. I will have too see how these hold up. I cut a couple of pegs getting this apart. Now all I need to do is see if I can switch out the forearms, The forearms are shorter on the wrestler and the hands are bigger... (*sigh* a mad scientist's work is never done!)
    Last edited by megalomaniac001; May 27, '10, 11:40 PM. Reason: no pic

Comment

• jquest
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 19, 2007

Thanks!! I was thinking on how to exchange for larger Arms! Would love to see your Thor when you finish him!

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Hey, that is cool. Good to know the arms can be so easily swapped out. Another plus for the ZICA body design
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

Interesting...thanks for showing us!

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Welcome aboard bud. Awesome post, I love reading this kind of stuff, especially with pictures.

You've convinced me to check out these bodies.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by megalomaniac001
              Completed side by side...

"The Beach is that way!" Side by side. I will have too see how these hold up. I cut a couple of pegs getting this apart. Now all I need to do is see if I can switch out the forearms, The forearms are shorter on the wrestler and the hands are bigger... (*sigh* a mad scientist's work is never done!)
              Nice work! Could you do me a favor and post a pic of the modified body with the arms positioned straight down at the sides?

Craig

Comment

• REMOVED
                • Mar 19, 2024

thanks for posting a pic. It's nice to see the inner workings of the body. Seems like a lot of those wrestling guys have short arms or at least forearms are disproportionately short...

It would be nice to see bodies that screw together like some of the Japanese bodies as it makes it easier to "bash" them..

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Awesome!!

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

Most awesome. I love it when things are taken apart. I love to peek at inner workings.
                    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Very interesting! Thank you for tearing apart one of your Figures. I like the way the Arms have the rounded Pins on them, similar to a Wrestling Figure I used in the past...and are easily attached to a Mego Body.
                      sigpic

Comment

• nubee
                        Career Member
                        • Feb 15, 2010

Thank you for showing us how the figure is put together. I'm too much of a cowardly lion to take apart the body like that. It never assembles back correctly for me.

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

When I saw the title for this thread, my first thought was "He took it apart? WHY?"

Then I actually clicked on the thread and looked at the pictures.

Very neat job of cutting them open, and the way you compared all of the arms is neat.

One thing I like about these is that they SIT properly! Since they're not strung with rubber bands, the legs don't splay apart once the figure is put into a sitting position.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• REMOVED
                            • Mar 19, 2024

Originally posted by JediJaida
                            When I saw the title for this thread, my first thought was "He took it apart? WHY?"

Then I actually clicked on the thread and looked at the pictures.

Very neat job of cutting them open, and the way you compared all of the arms is neat.

One thing I like about these is that they SIT properly! Since they're not strung with rubber bands, the legs don't splay apart once the figure is put into a sitting position.
                            oh yeah. let
                            s put him on a horse.

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 24, 2009

Originally posted by ZICA
                              Nice work! Could you do me a favor and post a pic of the modified body with the arms positioned straight down at the sides?

Craig
                              Here you go. The new arms don't go down quite as close as the original.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎