X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Adam West

With the next World Cup being another 4 years, it's difficult to say who will win it. I realize Brazil is the host nation but Brazil doesn't have the killer team that they have had in years past.
    Let's not kid ourselves here...Brazil will be the HUGE favorite in 2014. They are going to be very difficult to beat in their own stadiums, in front of their own crowds...in their own country. I mean...can you even imagine the electricity inside the hostile Maracaná stadium alone? They are acclimated to that weather, to the fields, to the foods, family, friends, to the beat...to everything. Brazil is going to have tremendous advantages there.

Brazil is no South Africa.

Last edited by Hector; Jul 12, '10, 7:58 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Zemo
      Never meet a Mexican snob.

Whens the Stang getting painted?
      That's because the Mexican elite don't migrate to the U.S.

Travel to financial districts of large Mexican cities like Mexico City, Guadalajara, or Monterrey. Go to their clubs (no Mexican music played there), restaurants, shops, universities, neighborhoods, you'll find plenty of snobs there...driving their new American cars...lol.

Mexican fresas are the equivalent of American Italian Guidos...lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3KiPW9vzOk

...and here...many like to separate themselves from the majority (brown people)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w_t4...eature=related

On a more important topic:

I'm doing the weather stripping/molds on the windshields/back window first...after that...paint...

Last edited by Hector; Jul 12, '10, 7:11 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• LadyZod
        Superman's Gal Pal
        • Jan 27, 2007

Originally posted by Hector
        Let's not kid ourselves here...Brazil will be the HUGE favorite in 2014...come on now. They are going to be very difficult to beat in their own stadiums, in front of their own crowds...in their own country. I mean...can you even imagine the electricity inside the hostile Maracaná stadium alone? They are acclimated to that weather, to the fields, to the foods, family, friends, to the beat...to everything. Brazil is going to have tremendous advantages there.

Brazil is no South Africa.

And yet.... 1950.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
        Check out my art:
        Art Portfolio@Redbubble
        Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by LadyZod
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

BTW...

Uruguay's Diego Forlan won the Golden Ball. Fantastic accolade for him...well deserved...

sigpic

Comment

• Adam West
              Museum CPA
              • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hector

But...enough with this Ghana already...who bloody cares about them anyway?

Ghana is a force to be reckoned with in the coming years. The did win the U-20 World Cup and was one of few teams whose average age was under 26 (Germany and Spain did as well).

Jump 4 years ahead....Ghana, Germany and Spain will still be able to have most of their players from this year and will only get better as they get more opportunities to play at this level. It literally is a multi year process to build a World Cup winning team as Spain did over the last few years.

Brazil was runner up to Ghana and Maicon appears to be their future. Kaka and Ronaldhino (who didn't play because he wasn't in playing form) will be in their 30's by the next World Cup. Home field advantage is great to have but there has to be some up and coming young stars out of Brazil.

Argentina has a great team. They need to hire a world class coach now. They were able to win group matches using individual talents but once they faced a powerhouse team like Germany; it is clear that he had no tactical strategy.

Brazil and the U.S. play a friendly next month so that should be an interesting game to watch.
              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Mexico won the u-17 World Cup a few years ago...and look how much that helped them...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Adam West
                  Home field advantage is great to have but there has to be some up and coming young stars out of Brazil.
                  ...and since when has that not happened?

Brazil is a perpetual star-making machine...

sigpic

Comment

• Adam West
                    Museum CPA
                    • Apr 14, 2003

Just my personal opinion....although Brazil will always produce excellent futballers and will be a powerhouse; I think their virtual monopoly on soccer titles is coming to an end.

I don't think Spain, Germany, or Ghana are a fluke. Germany has always produced great soccer teams but we are seeing the emergence of some new teams that are creating generation after generation of great soccer players.

The U.S. still has a decade or more to go.....hopefully, we're both still around a decade from now to see if it comes true but I do think the U.S. is going to be a 1st class soccer nation and not in the 2nd or 3rd tier of teams. I can only go by my own eyewitness experience. I was an above average soccer player...played all the way through High School and probably could have played Division 3 college soccer. There are kids that are 9 years old that can do things with the ball right now that I could never do and stuff I have never seen 9 year olds in the U.S. do with the ball.
                    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

By the time those kids play for the national team...I'll probably be dead by then...

I started with soccer...but switched to American football...I got too big for soccer...

You got nice soccer credentials...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎