Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DocDrako
    Formerly Doc Drako
    • Nov 11, 2004

I always use the white cord elastic from Wal*Mart as well. Our local Wal*Marts have it in two thicknesses, and I use the thicker of the two. I like it way better than the gold cord shown in the tutorial. It's great stuff.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Thundarr
      Banned
      • Apr 23, 2007

Wow....lol...this has become some sort of an addiction! E-Bay parts lots here I come!
      My girl is also now a certified restringer. She re-did Zaius and I re-did my Soldier Ape. Something I'm noticing...
      Some are just gonna be bow-legged and thats that, right? ..Like a manufacturing thing must be, cause this Soldiers legs will NOT close, and I had the cord pulled so damned tight it was gonna snap. It's cool though, cause he stands bow-legged...like a gorilla should.

Joe

Comment

• Merlyn1976
        Fist of Khonshu
        • Mar 29, 2005

If you loop the cord over the post in the middle of the pelvis it elminates the leg splay....
        "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• Thundarr
          Banned
          • Apr 23, 2007

Well hell man, your RIGHT! I tried several ways before commiting to knots, and I see JUST what you mean man! (It's too much to explain, the looping of the crotch post, I do several ways..) We just did FOUR of my figures, and my girl grabs the AJ we got from the flea market and says "he's a little wobbly...I'd better do him too.." lol She's all about it, and does pretty damned good as well!

Thanks everyone!

Joe

Comment

• K
            Fun Will Now Commence
            • Jun 20, 2001

If you loop the cord over the post in the middle of the pelvis it elminates the leg splay....

Merlyn,

I use two pieces of cord to eliminate leg splay. The method was in the old Library on the Museum board. Works like a charm. I never tried looping the cord over the pelvis. I'll give that a shot sometime.
            I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• Thundarr
              Banned
              • Apr 23, 2007

I just took apart my AJ, the one from the flea market that was missing half an arm, and noticed he didn't HAVE a post in the pelvis. Guess Mego really ran the gamut with production changes. Looks to be two halves bonded together, rather than posts.
              This pelvis looks much like certain 1980s lines I collect...I bet with a good CRACK it would fall in half. (For repair and custom reasons of course)

Joe

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎