Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego scale Doctor Who Troughton head interest?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by william shatners toupee
    No ones stated preferences for these in 8" on 9" yet.

-Rick
    This is a Mego board, it's safe to assume people want the 8" version
    Even tho Mego made their Dr. in 9"
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• william shatners toupee
      Warriors Gate Productions
      • Feb 18, 2010

Originally posted by Meule
      This is a Mego board, it's safe to assume people want the 8" version
      Even tho Mego made their Dr. in 9"
      Good to know. I thought it was a good question to ask because I used to collect the Mego/Denys Fisher 9" range and if I still had them, I would have preferred the heads for myself made at 9" to be compatible with them.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

The serious Troughton will sell much-much better.
        Whenever someone sculpts an action figure head they should always keep the mouth shut and face relatively expressionless.
        Too much emotion in the sculpt limits the heads general appeal.

Comment

• Feb 18, 2010

We actually group voted for the expressions we wanted as a group on SSF and had enough people who wanted a scared look as well as the serious look to make both. That scared look just makes me laugh my *** off. I always adored the Second Doctor/Jamie- Scooby/Shaggy cowering scenes. It's very iconic to the character for an alternate sculpt.

Yet here, all the votes are for just the serious so for Megos you are definitely correct.

-Rick

Comment

• Feb 18, 2010

Just cause progress reports are fun, got pics from the printer today of the two 1:6 Troughton heads physically printed out before he ships them back to Sean to sand and clean up so you can see how they look. Still need to drum up more interest here to make it worthwhile to produce in Mego scale. Hopefully the pics help!
            -Rick

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

8" would be great!

Comment

• Feb 18, 2010

Hey Lonnie,

Thanks for saying.! 8" seems to be the over riding vote so if these happen that def seems the way to go!
                -Rick

Comment

• Feb 18, 2010

Since there had been some expressed interest, I just wanted to say on here
                  we are in the final stretch with the 1:6 Pat heads that kicked this Mego sized head opportunity off and thank you so much for everyone who has responded and for your very kind words. It's exciting to be able to get heads of this kind of quality!

Once the 1:6 3-D head is cleaned up it's being sent off to be molded and the number of heads ordered is what's being made, that's the end of this run, so don't miss out!

Thanks,
                  -Rick

Comment

• Anarchy
                    Career Member
                    • May 26, 2009

i would be interested in an 8 inch serious head
                    Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• Anarchy
                      Career Member
                      • May 26, 2009

i was just reading through this thread and i cant agree more about waiting on customizers once i had charlee flatt put new hands on a flatt superman that had original mego hands and it took 2 years! ug, crazy
                      Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• Feb 18, 2010

Originally posted by Anarchy
                        i was just reading through this thread and i cant agree more about waiting on customizers once i had charlee flatt put new hands on a flatt superman that had original mego hands and it took 2 years! ug, crazy
                        Eww. That's crazy, cause you know it's a five minute job on top of it! It's like, couldn't he spend a day doing just the small jobs and get like 50 of them blown out the door and in the mail by 3pm? That sucks!

I got you marked down for the "serious". Thanks!
                        -Rick

Comment

• jacoblb
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2009

I'm interested in customizing Dr. Who too, but I'd have to be quite selective about what actors I'd choose. I'm afraid I didn't get interested in the DW until the 9th DW onward. I've seen the amazing sculpt for the 2nd DW and others showcased on the SSF message board. I'm currently waiting on parts to assemble my Dennys Fisher Tom baker 9" scale figure, which will be my first custom. My wife already knitted a scarf for this figure.

I'm interested in learning to customize 12" scale figures, but I wouldn't want to touch the ones I already own for the sake of customizing. (I have the Sideshow figures of: Dark Crytal, James Bond, and Get Smart.) Does Sideshow sell headless bodies much in the same way Doc mego and CAT and others sell 8" custom bodies?

Comment

• Feb 18, 2010

Originally posted by jacoblb

I'm interested in learning to customize 12" scale figures, but I wouldn't want to touch the ones I already own for the sake of customizing. (I have the Sideshow figures of: Dark Crytal, James Bond, and Get Smart.) Does Sideshow sell headless bodies much in the same way Doc mego and CAT and others sell 8" custom bodies?
                            Jacoblb,
                            The difference for what's available to help you customize between Megos and 1:6 figures is like the difference between a 56k modem and DSL. The 1:6 hobby is booming and there have been several hundred figures by different companies all with their own bodies, all different, which get parted out by 1:6 stores for you to make your ultimate customized figures. Sideshow bodies are fine on their own, but as you get more into the hobby there are much nicer ones than them like Hot Toys bodies.
                            Here are a few store links for examples:

Welcome to StoreRooms: Store-Rooms.com

Toy Anxiety

Monkey Depot - The Finest in Scale Military

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍