Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego scale Doctor Who Troughton head interest?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • william shatners toupee
    Warriors Gate Productions
    • Feb 18, 2010

Mego scale Doctor Who Troughton head interest?

Hey gang,
    I'm a regular on Sideshow Freaks Forums where I started a 1:6 Doctor Who group (come check us out here: Sideshow Freaks - Doctor Who ), and I also visit here for all my Mego news.

Right now I've gotten Character Options artist Sean Dabbs to make SSF TWO different 1:6 Patrick Troughton heads: serious and scared. He creates his heads digitally. Here are the finished versions:

I hope you will agree they are fantastic! They are for order now and if these sell well enough my plan is to finish the Troughton set a Jamie, Zoe, and maybe a Tobias Vaughn. 1:6 versions can be ordered here: Sideshow Freaks - Patrick Troughton commission by Sean Dabbs

Here's the reason I'm here, brothers and sisters: because they are digitally made they can be RESIZED. Hell yeah! So the same head can be made at Mego size as well (he could adapt the neck), helping both our groups out and making use of the the heads he's made even more successful (meaning he may be "encouraged" to make MORE Who heads for us, which again helps both our groups out!).

The only stipulation here, as always, is numbers. How many people would want either of these here? Is there at least enough interest to get ten people interested in one style of head to make it happen?

Because they can be in any size, that means he could make them in 8" or Denys Fisher 9" scale, so that's another thing for you guys to consider. I do realize these aren't in Mego style so that may be a turn-off.

Sound off and let me know what guys think!
    -Rick

Serious- assumedly 8"
    raider5gt
    johnmiic
    ODBJBG (?)- 8"
    bobws- 8"
    Lonniefisher (8")
    Anarchy (8")

Scared
    Last edited by william shatners toupee; Jun 9, '10, 11:27 AM.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I'm into Dr. Who custom heads.

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

I'd love an 8 inch head.

Comment

• raider5gt
        Museum Tree Cutter
        • Nov 25, 2007

I like the serious Troughton head over the scared one.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Feb 18, 2010

Coolness! For those that haven't stated, let me know if you'd prefer serious or scared (or both) just so we can try and reach "10" for one of them. Also, let me know if you guys are preferring 8" or 9" or are impartial.
          Last edited by william shatners toupee; May 21, '10, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

They both looks fantastic
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• toiletmonkey
              Museum Super Collector
              • Apr 28, 2010

serious heads waay better.

TM
              Think of what you want to be...Then call on me.
              -Action Jackson

Comment

• jessica
                fortune favors the bold
                • Nov 5, 2007

That guy's really talented!
                Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Feb 18, 2010

Let me tell you, we were very lucky to have Sean want to do this. He finished BOTH heads for us in a week and a half!!! I almost fell over. In the past I have gotten very burned on artists, with my made up sarcastic rule being "the only thing you can count on with a custom artist is is that they'll miss their deadline." I have had commissions where I have had to wait one to two years!
                  A very refreshing change and one of the most talented artists I have come across.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                    MeGoing
                    • May 14, 2003

They are both amazing. And so is the time he finished them in...wow!

Comment

• johnmiic
                      Adrift
                      • Sep 6, 2002

I'd like the one with the mouth mostly closed-serious? Looks great! Do more!!! How about Delgado and Ainley Masters?

Comment

• Feb 18, 2010

In talking character selection, that's the only area where the Mego-side loses slightly in this proposition because we actually have other sculptors at SSF making 1:6 Who heads, (but not on computer- the old fashioned way- laugh), which being clay sculpted heads can't be easily shrunk down like by computer unless someone uses Hydro-shrink on the molds.

I explain all of that first to answer your want of a Delgado, cause we have one coming up 1:6 from another sculptor (not on computer). This link shows you the 1:6 heads available now (and a few coming up) for anyone brave enough to use the hydro-shrink on one for the rest of you. I mean--- the heads are there to be used, guys! The artists supplying them may even be willing to shrink them down for you if there is enough demand by you from here. Just check out the Tom head modded from the statue!!! Sweeeeeet!

Sideshow Freaks - List of which sculptors have which head available?

As for what future Who things Sean makes for us (or if he does), we'll need to see as he's just starting to sell this head now . I haven't been subtle about how much I love what he's done. I know what it's like to want/need everybody (laugh).

No ones stated preferences for these in 8" on 9" yet.

-Rick

Comment

• Feb 18, 2010

As far as the Ainley, I should say I was hoping to do a Fifth Doctor Davison set after this Troughton set. We'll need to see where this takes us.

Comment

• bobws
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 13, 2008

Ok i haven't started yet, But Doctor Who is my next BIG want list of characters. I would be glad to get a head of every Doctor and every companion original and new shows all. So yes i would like a serious Troughton head in 8" size. i hope you get enough to do this. keep me posted.
                            "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Feb 18, 2010

Cool. Gotcha down!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡