Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding MIB Figures & storage issues !!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karen-bionic-fan
    Banned
    • Feb 13, 2010

Regarding MIB Figures & storage issues !!

I read A LOT over the years about MIB (mint in the box) figures and see loads listed on e bay for mego figures but there is a big gap between what each seller means by that , iv had a MID figure sent to me and its been perfect mint art work no folding window shiny and new figure never removed , but on the other hand iv had a MIB figure sent in very well worn box not ripped but you can see how old it is folding window dusty old yellow tape ruff corners the full box you can see its been about a bit figure still in the box perfect though , so is this considered MIB ? still will its issues iv heard collectors say yes and then other collectors say no, I understand the years and the passing of time will have an affect , in my eyes a box with writing a sticker mark ripped window and opened is not MIB should I accept some boxes will have issues its just when I get figures that are like new and are listed MIB I am over the moon then when I order another MIB and it arrives like I said above I am a little confused...

storage is another issue as you know loads of MEGO figures have flaps I never Store my figures on top of each other or do I store them packed with bubble wrap as I find it can bend the corners or warp the flap any ideas I store mine in boxes standing the way they was on the shelf's all together so there a little room some are on display as lets face it there there to enjoy
    ok rant over be interested to read what you guys and girls think

Last edited by Karen-bionic-fan; May 16, '10, 9:25 AM.
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

I think you have to be careful when you see "Mint in Box" in the description. I take MIB to mean the figure is mint, not the box. I think Mint in Mint Box is more appropriate when both the figure and the box are in mint condition.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• AAAAA
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by boss
      I think you have to be careful when you see "Mint in Box" in the description. I take MIB to mean the figure is mint, not the box. I think Mint in Mint Box is more appropriate when both the figure and the box are in mint condition.
      I agree with that

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Yep, to me "MIB" just means a mint figure in a box (which could be in any condition). The condition of the box is addressed in terms like MIMB or MINMB (mint box and near mint box respectively).

Comment

• kryptosmaster
          Removed.
          • Jun 14, 2008

That's why i collect loose stuff. No headaches required.
          I have a few boxed items and one MOMC (mint on mint card) Mego and I don't know what to do with that one. I'm terrified it might fall over or get dinged or bent or damaged in some way. I'm not a big fan of hermetically sealing collectibles, either so that's not an option. Even though missing pieces are the downside of loose collecting; it's also half the fun finding those parts (sometimes!).
          Rich

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

yes, to me Mint in box refers to an unused figure that has a box or some of the packaging. Mint in mint box begins to define the condition of the package.

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by cjefferys
              Yep, to me "MIB" just means a mint figure in a box (which could be in any condition). The condition of the box is addressed in terms like MIMB or MINMB (mint box and near mint box respectively).
              yup same here
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• vulcan2074
                Live Long and Prosper
                • Mar 23, 2008

Exactly, same here. Also some peoples mint is not exactly what you would consider Mint. The best you can do is study all the pictures carefully prior to buying.
                Sammy

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
                  Banned
                  • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks guys

Comment

• david_b
                    Never had enough toys..
                    • May 9, 2008

Yep, except for a couple of MOC, my 'very limited' vintage Mego collection (Trek, a few Marvel, Titans, 1999 and Doctor Who) is mainly loose, which is super for me..

Since I was a bit older when it first came out, I didn't get into it as much as everyone else here 'back in the day'. I do recall getting a long-awaited Spiderman figure back in '74.., since I couldn't find the older C/A sets in shops any longer.
                    Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
                      Banned
                      • Feb 13, 2010

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                      That's why i collect loose stuff. No headaches required.
                      I have a few boxed items and one MOMC (mint on mint card) Mego and I don't know what to do with that one. I'm terrified it might fall over or get dinged or bent or damaged in some way. I'm not a big fan of hermetically sealing collectibles, either so that's not an option. Even though missing pieces are the downside of loose collecting; it's also half the fun finding those parts (sometimes!).
                      Rich

Its a nightmare as you are never truly happy with a box that is damaged and you try your best to repair it lol the sleepless night iv had hahahahah

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎