X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
    It doesn't seem like Polaris gets much attention these days, it used to be Toronto Trek:

Polaris :: July 16-18, 2010
    I had former roommates used to be heavily involved in Toronto Trek, Ad Astra, and whatever the Toronto Doctor Who group/con was called back in the nineties.

Trek and Who were only of peripheral interest to me back then (being solidly a Star Wars kid growing up), but I remember they used to come back with huge stacks of autographed photos which I'm pretty sure didn't cost most of the day lining up and an arm and a leg at the time.

From the sounds of it, I think they spent most of their time in the pub with whatever actors, writers or producers they invited to the show.

I guess it's only in the last decade that these "Fan Events" have become wildly profitable Big Business.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I had former roommates used to be heavily involved in Toronto Trek, Ad Astra, and whatever the Toronto Doctor Who group/con was called back in the nineties.
      DWIN. I went to several of their who events in the 1980s, they were wonderful. The guests mingled with the fans and there wasn't any problems.

I guess it's only in the last decade that these "Fan Events" have become wildly profitable Big Business.
      I can remember going to Chiller Theatre back in the early 1990s and everybody signed for free including giants like Ray Harryhausen. Bruce Campbell was just sitting behind a dealer table talking to fans, there was a more relaxed atmosphere in all of these events. At one Chiller Halloween dance I talked to Johnny Ramone and Jeffery Combs for a lot longer than I should have.

Nowadays, I kind of feel like cattle, even at shows I really like.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎