Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

^ I hadn't heard about Holt Hyde--I'm assuming he's Jackson's alter-ego?

Carrying on the high-school theme, wouldn't it be neat if Jackson was a bookworm & Holt a jock?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      ^ I hadn't heard about Holt Hyde--I'm assuming he's Jackson's alter-ego?
      It's not been mentioned in the web cartoons yet but I'm pretty sure they are the same person. The only odd thing is the character in the cartoon has yellow skin and the prototype of the doll had blue. I really hope they fix that before release.

Holt is this episode.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MonsterH...29/9xFNwhHunaE
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Monster High Halloween costumes. I have a feelling these will be pretty popular this Halloween.

http://www.partycity.com/product/gir...ll&from=Search
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

From my toy trip around the stores on the US side Niagara Falls this weekend, I only saw a couple of them still on the shelves. Looks like they are quite popular. With all the big Halloween promotions in all the stores, it looks like it was a great time to release them.

Saw the SuperDeformed versions on the shelves as well.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Target is promoting them on an end-cap, and they seem to be doing well...

Haven't seen the Hallowe'en costumes yet.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
              Mighty Man/Monster Maker
              • Aug 14, 2007

I wish my five-year-old daughter was excited about them as I am. Ah, well.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
              https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I finally found the Dawn of the Dance series tonight at TRU. Got the last Clawdeen and Cleo. Frankie was already sold out. Checked Target too and they were totally sold out of MH except for a couple of Cleo and Deuce 2 packs.

I'll post some pics of the Dawn of Dance Cleo and Clawdeen shortly. Their outfits have a bit of a Jem vibe going on. Hopefully I will find Frankie this weekend.
                Last edited by Werewolf; Sep 23, '10, 8:56 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Dawn of the Dance Clawdeen and Cleo

They both come with cardboard "photos" that shows the other characters in Dawn of the Dance outfits. So I'm guessing the rest of the dolls will eventually get Dawn versions as well. They don't come with pets in this series. They come with their Icoffin phones instead.

Comment

• michael crawford
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Dec 15, 2008

Are those two already hitting stores?

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by michael crawford
                      Are those two already hitting stores?
                      Yes, got them at Toys R Us last night. A new Frankie Stein is also in the Dawn of the Dance series.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

These are only $18 at Fred Meyer.
                        Last edited by ScottA; Sep 25, '10, 2:09 PM.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                          Formerly known as Del
                          • Dec 12, 2004

I had to laugh last night. My hubby and I were out checking the various toy aisles. I saw a tween girl going, "Monster High!" and running toward the display. It made me think of you, Werewolf.
                          Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                          https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                          http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by del
                            I had to laugh last night. My hubby and I were out checking the various toy aisles. I saw a tween girl going, "Monster High!" and running toward the display. It made me think of you, Werewolf.
                            That's awesome. New generations of monster collectors. MH has been crazy popular with kids.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

I was kinda unsure about posting this but there's been a rumor going around for a while now about a new series of Monster High dolls called Gloom Beach. I did a search and Mattel does own the trademark for Gloom Beach for use with fashion dolls so it's looking more likely. But it's not in anyway official and things can change like with the rumored Monster High ghost doll that didn't pan out.

[edit]

Okay, I was digging around amazon.com and sure enough they have listings for Gloom Beach dolls as well as School Spirit Scream Uniforms dolls. So you never know. Gloom Beach has listings for Cleo, Draculaura, Frankie, Jackson and Clawdeen. School Spirit has listings for Deuce, Frankie, Lagoona and Clawdeen.

Jackson Jekyll Gloom Beach.

"From the Manufacturer

Monster High Gloom Beach Jackson Jekyll Doll: Get ready for ghoulish fun at Gloom Beach. Even monsters love to play in the sun and go to the beach. Jackson Jekyll is the son of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The new scary cute normie guy, Jackson Jekyll fits in perfectly with his patched-together board shorts. He even has a ying yang volleyball and tattoo, too. How dangerous…he's almost…bitable. Doll is fully articulated so they can be posed in many different ways. Includes doll, beach outfit, sunglasses, cover up, brush, and one beach-related accessory. Collect them all. Each sold separately."

Amazon.com: Monster High Gloom Beach Jackson Jekyll Doll: Toys Games

Frankie School Spirit Scream

"From the Manufacturer

Monster High School Spirit Scream Uniforms Frankie Stein Doll: Even monsters love to play sports and at Monster High school spirit takes on a decidedly different twist. Basketball is casketball, cheerleading is fearleading, and football is played with an actual foot. Monster High also has the hottest fashions to look killer on the field. Frankie Stein is the daughter of the infamous Frankenstein. Frankie Stein is the newest member of the fear squad. Her fearleading dress is stitched together and she has a skullette-shaped megaphone. Go team. Includes doll, team uniform, trading card, and sport piece-count. Collect them all. Each sold separately. "

Amazon.com: Monster High School Spirit Scream Uniforms Frankie Stein Doll: Toys Games
                              Last edited by Werewolf; Sep 26, '10, 2:01 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

I finally saw these at retail and judging by the display I grabbed a Draculaura so I'm not SOL at Christmas time. I almost grabbed more but my daughter is currently armed with $20 so I'm worried she'll buy one.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎