Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

We got Power Ghoul Spectra and Jinafire on Hold at my Local Target , gonna pick em up in about an Hr...
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

How big around is a Monster High Doll Head ? 16cm ?
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• katiedoodle29
        • Jul 9, 2012

saw the Siren CAM today at kmart. attempted to buy it, but their computer system said it was "not on file" and the customer service person said it was not a kmart product (it had been returned but was not anything kmart sold, so they could not sell it to me, according to the woman). they had 2 of that add-on pack. looked massively cool and i was massively...ahem...not happy that i could not purchase it. will definitely need a stand for her, as her legs are fins. didn't even register that there were new CAM packs out, but from kmart i will not be buying...

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

There's 2 new CAM Packs ..., I think for Singles, and 2 New Doube Packs.

Comment

• Jerry68
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 12, 2008

I bought my Daughter the Gorgon and Blob 2-pack and the Siren build a kit. I bought the Siren at Kmart with no problem. I found Scalita, but no luck on Jinafire. Has anyone been able to get Jinafire?
            sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

I got Jinfire ....
              Only 1 though ...., Only 1 I saw, at Target.
              I saw bought Different Sets at Walmart ..., but Both New Girls, and Deuce be gone .
              I saw Scalita at TRU ..., Right before Xmas..., Like 6 of her. Absolutely No Cash at the Time to Spring her. Haven't seen her since.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                • Aug 14, 2007

My daughter talked us into getting her Jinafire! I'm too easy.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• convoy357
                  Ranch Hand
                  • Jul 30, 2012

I got my daughter a Spectra that lights up and makes sound when you push its button. She has a doll collection which I add to several times a year. She really likes the Monster High dolls and I will probably get her a few more, but I have no idea which ones to get? Theres a bunch of different series and exclusives at the stores right now and I don't have a clue which would be the best ones to get for her? Any suggestions?

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ Usaly the 1st Appearances or issues..., come with Pets are the Most Saught After, besides the Boys .... , But with the Scaris Line, Jinfire and Skelita have no Pets .

BTW ..., Fred Myers has Large Clothing Kits for
                    Frankie
                    Ghoula
                    Oppereta
                    & Robecca

right now, they are like buy 2 get 1 Free on all Monster High stuff ...
                    I saw Abbey's Bed too.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by convoy357
                      I got my daughter a Spectra that lights up and makes sound when you push its button. She has a doll collection which I add to several times a year. She really likes the Monster High dolls and I will probably get her a few more, but I have no idea which ones to get? Theres a bunch of different series and exclusives at the stores right now and I don't have a clue which would be the best ones to get for her? Any suggestions?
                      The current Ghouls Alive subset with light & sound features from which your daughter's light-up Spectra comes from is a good place to start. Ghouls Alive is the first time the main characters have appeared at retail in their original/standard/webisode looks since their initial dolls were released in 2010 (or 2011 in Spectra's case). The cons with this set - there are only three characters so far (Frankie, Clawdeen & Spectra) and the price is significantly higher than many other Monster High dolls due to the electronics.

Another good place to start this year for little ones would be the current "Picture Day" subset, which is being distributed as the basic line for 2013...
                      The-Picture-Day-Ghouls-monster-high-33064136-1280-647.jpg
                      This one features most of the main characters (with updated looks) at a more middle-of-the-road price point.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                        Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                        • Jan 22, 2008

I found a mint box fresh (but loose) Clawd at a thrift shop the other day for $1. It's the version from the 2 pack w/ Draculaura.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                          • Jan 22, 2008

I have a question. There's a black and white version of one of the characters (can't remember who) at a flea market near me for $40. I remember when I got home and looked it up prices were all over the place from hundreds to less than the $40. Some listings said it was a SDCC and other didnt. Just wondering if I should pick it up.

Comment

• rche
                            channeling Bob Wills
                            • Mar 26, 2008

There were two b/w versions of Frankie. One was the first sdcc exclusive and is high dollar, the other was a Friday the thirteenth big box store special and shouldn't be at 40 bucks imo. If the item is packaged, the latter is from the Skull Shores lineup and has short cropped hair.

Comment

• convoy357
                              Ranch Hand
                              • Jul 30, 2012

Thanks for the tips! I was thinking about those sound effect ones and I am a little concerned about shelf life on those. My daughter is 20 yrs old and would be considered an "adult" collector I guess. (liberal use of the term). These dolls wont be coming out of the box any time soon, probably never. When I think of battery toys mint in the box, I always think back about those Playmates Star Trek ships from the '90s that the batteries went bad and leaked acid everywhere after a few years. I think for future purchases of MH dolls I'll stick to the regular type.

I went out for a little recon this morning to the local stores. I was at TRU 2 weeks ago looking at the MH dolls and they had a large selection at that time. I remember seeing a Werewolf girls 2 pack and another set with a boy & girl in it. Plus there were alot of the single figures from a variety of different sets. Their MH display took up most of one aisle and the shelves were full. What a shock I got walking in there today and there were hardly any left! All I saw were a couple single sets with xtra clothes, the high school set, a car, and a 3 pack of cheerleaders. Maybe a few other odds and ends but everything else was gone! Holy crap! So while I was out I checked out a few other nearby stores. I am within a few minutes drive of alot of stores so I can usually find retail items like this. The Wal-mart had a variety of different figures from the 1600 series, Scaris series, Ghouls Rule, and Skull Shores, but again I didn't know which ones to get and nothing stood out to me so I didn't get any. I did notice a stack of the 3-pack exclusives on the bottom shelf. Target was also picked pretty clean. They had a few Dance Class dolls and a few of the Scaris series and a few other odds & ends. Also a stack of the 5-pack exclusive. Again I bought nothing and went to K-mart. Now they had a large selection.....1/2 of one aisle and an end cap stocked full. Didn't see any boy ones....I ended up walking out with a Venus Flytrap and an Abbey Bominable in a fur outfit both with a '11 date on the box bottom, plus some clearance sale Hot Wheels....LOL. There was also a 2-pack at K-mart with Skater girls or something? Plenty of those sets available. So on the way home I decided to try the other Wal-mart since I was going past it anyway. This store had less than the other one, but different series. I found Skelita and JinaFire at this one so I bought those two, other than that, this one had the Picture Day series and more of the Scaris series....and a stack of store exclusives. The store exclusives thing does not seem to be working out for any of them....or else they are all overstocked on them. I guess I did ok on these and I'll put them away and give to my daughter for Easter or something.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by convoy357
                                Thanks for the tips! I was thinking about those sound effect ones and I am a little concerned about shelf life on those. My daughter is 20 yrs old and would be considered an "adult" collector I guess. (liberal use of the term). These dolls wont be coming out of the box any time soon, probably never. When I think of battery toys mint in the box, I always think back about those Playmates Star Trek ships from the '90s that the batteries went bad and leaked acid everywhere after a few years. I think for future purchases of MH dolls I'll stick to the regular type.

I went out for a little recon this morning to the local stores. I was at TRU 2 weeks ago looking at the MH dolls and they had a large selection at that time. I remember seeing a Werewolf girls 2 pack and another set with a boy & girl in it. Plus there were alot of the single figures from a variety of different sets. Their MH display took up most of one aisle and the shelves were full. What a shock I got walking in there today and there were hardly any left! All I saw were a couple single sets with xtra clothes, the high school set, a car, and a 3 pack of cheerleaders. Maybe a few other odds and ends but everything else was gone! Holy crap! So while I was out I checked out a few other nearby stores. I am within a few minutes drive of alot of stores so I can usually find retail items like this. The Wal-mart had a variety of different figures from the 1600 series, Scaris series, Ghouls Rule, and Skull Shores, but again I didn't know which ones to get and nothing stood out to me so I didn't get any. I did notice a stack of the 3-pack exclusives on the bottom shelf. Target was also picked pretty clean. They had a few Dance Class dolls and a few of the Scaris series and a few other odds & ends. Also a stack of the 5-pack exclusive. Again I bought nothing and went to K-mart. Now they had a large selection.....1/2 of one aisle and an end cap stocked full. Didn't see any boy ones....I ended up walking out with a Venus Flytrap and an Abbey Bominable in a fur outfit both with a '11 date on the box bottom, plus some clearance sale Hot Wheels....LOL. There was also a 2-pack at K-mart with Skater girls or something? Plenty of those sets available. So on the way home I decided to try the other Wal-mart since I was going past it anyway. This store had less than the other one, but different series. I found Skelita and JinaFire at this one so I bought those two, other than that, this one had the Picture Day series and more of the Scaris series....and a stack of store exclusives. The store exclusives thing does not seem to be working out for any of them....or else they are all overstocked on them. I guess I did ok on these and I'll put them away and give to my daughter for Easter or something.
                                Congrats! I think you did very well with basic/first edition Abbey & Venus and the Scaris (and only edition so far of) Skelita & Jinafire!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎