Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harbingerboy
    Career Member
    • Jun 18, 2007

Completed my quest for Venus & Robecca today...and some tag alongs followed them home. *sigh*

Haven't decided if I'm going to let them stay or not. I'm still operating a bit under the buy it now, decide later mode. I just really hate tracking stuff down later and paying twice as much. I'm not a Bratz collector in any capacity and am not particularly fond of the name Bratzillaz, but the product turned out nice, if more icing than cake, compared to Monster High anyway. They just look so darned cool lined up in their boxes like that...and those little Novi Stars aliens do make a nifty companion piece to the MGAs.

Comment

• turnbolt
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 26, 2008

Nice score. I only saw the new Dead Tired wave with Abbey on Amazon and at a mom and pop type toy store. Have never seen them at major retail. I only snagged Abbey when we found them. Thanks for keeping an eye out for the Walmart exclusives.
      I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Walmart Restock, Shuffle here ....

Snagged McFlyTrap, And Steamboat.
        As well as The Nocturnal and Mystical Packs.
        Saw the Walmart 3 pack ..., Passed.
        I want the Scary Tales Clawdeen ..., Nothing Else.
        I hope Re-issues of Holt Come soon ....., He's 1 of the Last 1's we need ..... and ebay prices are getting Stupid this past month ...., as I have watched him pretty much double and tripple in price.

The Aliens are Neat.
        I woulda Bought 1 for my Daughter Today ...., But spent Far too Much Money.
        I only want the Bratzilla Paws figure ...., I got her pet sitting here .
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Harbingerboy
          Career Member
          • Jun 18, 2007

Found myself a Wal-Mart exclusive Ghouls Rule Abbey today! Also was able to snag one for Turnbolt (below, next to Katie's Venus & Robecca)!

Comment

• turnbolt
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 26, 2008

Nice!!! Thanks so much.

I have also seen a ton of Venus and Robecca in my area. They are out in full now.
            I like toys.

Comment

• katiedoodle29
              • Jul 9, 2012

Originally posted by turnbolt
              Nice!!! Thanks so much.

I have also seen a ton of Venus and Robecca in my area. They are out in full now.
              Yes, Harbingerboy ROCKS! No sign of VM or RS, but we've been seeing the GR line and the scooter/rooms and a handful of the Roller Maz and DDG and Scary Tales...but none of the exclusives.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                Career Member
                • Jun 18, 2007

Hey guys and ghouls, don't be surprised if you see a Dot Dead Gorgeous wave 2 soon (or possibly another 3pack) as Frankie, Cleo & Clawdeen all appear in DDG attire in the upcoming DDG themed webisode.

Dot-Dead-Gorgeous-Episode-monster-high-31904231-400-282.jpg

Spotted the school playset at K-Mart today (as well as the Roller Maze Ghoulia/Abbey 2pack) and was surprised to see it for only $85 when it is $99 at TRU, K-Mart is often as expensive if not more so. And speaking of Roller Maze...I wonder if we'll se a 5pack of reissues (Frankie, Lagoona & Operetta) with the Clawdeen we saw at SDCC (who is supposed to be in revision cases soon) and a new Draculaura, whose Roller Maze design has been seen in promo art...

7537876332_e15a134d14_z.jpg

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 18, 2007

Fun bit of variant news...Robecca is showing up with a variation in Captain Penny's backpack - some are painted black and some are copper (unpainted), same as body color. I hadn't noticed until others started pointing it out online. After checking, my MIB Robecca has a Captain Penny with a black backpack, but my loose Robecca's Captain Penny has a copper/unpainted backpack. Not significant to me, but kinda interesting to note. No idea which is more prevalent, but from reports they seem pretty evenly distributed thus far.

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

none of 'em are evenly distributed around here. MH shelves around here typically look like they were hit by a bomb with only a few 1600 figures hanging around to clean up. The kids and I hit about 4 stores over the weekend hoping to find something and came back bupkis.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by rche
                      MH shelves around here typically look like they were hit by a bomb with only a few 1600 figures hanging around to clean up.
                      Here too. lol.
                      .... With all Movie Related Toys looking like they just put them out, Except for that Light layer of Dust collecting on them.
                      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 18, 2007

Can anyone tell the difference?...

Comment

• turnbolt
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 26, 2008

Weird...new boxes they move the Ghouls Rule logo!
                          I like toys.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 18, 2007

Originally posted by turnbolt
                            Weird...new boxes they move the Ghouls Rule logo!
                            Yeah the new Ghouls Rule boxes (on top in above pic, Frankie on right in below pic) look much better IMO and are similar to Wal-Mart's Abbey (who I didn't even notice was in a newly modified box). When I first picked up a set of Ghouls Rule (my first set is on the bottom in the above pic) I was puzzled by the giant sticker slapped onto the front bottom corner, seemingly an afterthought. They made the boxes look weird to me. The rest of the design was nice, but I thought the upper left corner was also...missing something...and that sticker was such an eyesore. With the dolls shipping now Mattel has remedied the design issues, getting rid of the huge ugly sticker on the bottom front and placing the Ghouls Rule logo appropriately in the top left corner! Other modifications include the addition of a pop-out blurb stating "Check out the scary cool costume I wear in the movie" and the addition of "Daughter of Frankenstein/etc." under each doll's name, which was oddly absent on the prior releases.

Anyway, I guess I'll return my first releases now.

Comment

• Megotu
                              jerk
                              • Dec 16, 2001

Probably not rares, but just picked up 6 of the MH girls for my daughter at Krogers clearanced out at 3 bux each. Seemed like an awesome deal to me. Target also had some outfits for 2.50.
                              sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
                                Original Member
                                • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Harbingerboy
                                Can anyone tell the difference?...

Is it me or is the hair color different?
                                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎