X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
    Granted it was a one time deal but there is that one Scooby Doo movie with the daughters of the more famous monsters.
    Yep, Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

I kind of see similarities with the work of Junko Mizuno. She's been known to reinterpret classic fairy tales into scary revisions.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

New Monster High Dolls at Comic Con!!

Comic Con 2010 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Flickr: Shuga-shug's Photostream

Ghoulia Yelps and Holt Hyde.

YES!!! Ghoulia!!! YES!!!
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

A little update: The Monster High Dawn of the Dance series is starting to show up greater numbers. I haven't seen them locally yet though. Only online so far.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

My daughter is really excited about these.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
              Those are great My Daughter saw these and that's all she's talking about...I may just get her the rag doll versions since she's turning 4 in 2 weeks for her birthday.....

Comment

• Lonestarhobbies
                Museum Patron
                • Jul 8, 2010

I like the look of these dolls. Very crisply designed with fantastic details.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
                  I may just get her the rag doll versions since she's turning 4 in 2 weeks for her birthday.....
                  At 4 she might be a little young for the dolls. They have some small acessories and their hands are designed to take off and on to make them easier to dress. But the ragdolls would be perfect. They are really cute and even come with thier little pets.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                    Formerly known as Del
                    • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by geoffdude
                    Actually someone did. Joel Adams, son of famous comic book artist Neal Adams, has had a creation called Lil Creatures Of The Night. He sells shirts, prints, etc.
                    His weren't the first either. Loads of different kid monsters have been done over the years. Nothing in common between Lil Creatures and Monster High other than the monster subject matter.
                    Originally posted by jwyblejr
                    True. Granted it was a one time deal but there is that one Scooby Doo movie with the daughters of the more famous monsters.
                    I don't know how long ago Joel Adams did these, or when "Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School" was released, but I recall a cartoon in the 80s or early 90s with similar subject matter. For the life of me I can't remember the name, but it was a high school with characters borrowing from classic monsters. There was a cute popular Medusa chick, a mummy, all that stuff. When I first saw the Monster High dolls, that's what I instantly thought of. The character designs are different, but the theme is pretty much the same.
                    Before that we had the Ideal's Mini Monsters(also known as Mini Munsters), which were proposed as a tie-in to the Munsters show, then it was decided that they would be made apart from it.
                    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by del
                      but I recall a cartoon in the 80s or early 90s with similar subject matter. For the life of me I can't remember the name, but it was a high school with characters borrowing from classic monsters.
                      You are probably thinking of Gravedale High from 1990.

Gravedale High - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gravedale High intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGhZegXEj3U

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

So is there going to be a DTV movie or animated series for this? The commercials seem to point to one coming.

Cindy is on the fence about these. She's very interested, but is swearing off another thing to collect. I bet she caves.

Oh, and another somewhat similar concept was a Casper CGI movie from just a few years ago. "Casper's Scare School", I think? It may have even went to a series.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                          Formerly known as Del
                          • Dec 12, 2004

You are probably thinking of Gravedale High from 1990.

Gravedale High - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gravedale High intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGhZegXEj3U
                          Yes! That's it! I knew someone would come up with a clip. I forgot all about Rick Moranis being involved, but I clearly recall the plot from the episode called, "Cleo's Pen Pal."
                          Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                          https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                          http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Will Jackson Jekyll eventually be offered?
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

The 4 Basic Dolls are flying off the Shelf here.
                              Atleast for now ..., I never see them in stock, and when I do, it's just 1 here or there.
                              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                Will Jackson Jekyll eventually be offered?
                                I don't know. He is mentioned in the diaries that come with the dolls. But nothing has been announced past Ghoulia Yelps and Holt Hyde which will hopefully be released in time for Christmas this year.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎