Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Finally got my Monster High shelf set up.

I think it's neat the Werewolf has a cat for a pet.

They really are great toys. Very creative and very cool. Nice to see an all original line too instead of all the usual licensed stuff.

Edit:

They all come with cool looking color matching stands with little skulls molded into them. But I don't use them because I'm afraid the small clasps that hold their waists are a bit too tight and might eventually damage the clothes. Besides they all stand pretty well unassisted. They also all come with little diaries that flesh out their stories and personalities. The stories are actually well written and fun to read and mention several characters not made into dolls yet. I personally can't wait until they make Ghoulia.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 21, '10, 10:13 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Remco Monster
      GLOWS in the Dark!
      • May 3, 2006

Really dig the colors and look of the Frankenstein chick.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

what is the scale on these figures??? Are they Mego scale? just curious if they might be custom fodder.

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

I hope to pick up the Vamp and Frankie for my Daughter..., even though she will not appreciate them for a few yrs, I'll stash them for her. ... I might even get a couple for my Nieces. These look fun.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
            what is the scale on these figures??? Are they Mego scale? just curious if they might be custom fodder.
            Here's a comparison pic.

I think they are about ten and a half inches tall. Shorter than Barbie with much thinner stylized bodies. Taller than Mego but some of the clothes might fit because the bodies are so thin.
            Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 21, '10, 11:14 PM. Reason: typos
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• generic
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 25, 2009

Although I'm not much of a fan of the large head / tiny body fashion dolls of today, these are by far the best of the ones I've seen...of course the monster theme is probably the main reason, but it looks like they did a very great job of putting these figures together. I particularly like the mummy-wrap screen print on the mummy figure and the entire Frankenstein-type figure. Looking at the 'Creature from the Black Lagoon' figure, it really looks like they put in a lot of extra effort with the fins, webbed hands, etc. I doubt I'll pick up any of these, but I think it's great that they're out there!
              Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• michael crawford
                Museum Super Collector
                • Dec 15, 2008

I actually picked up the first four of these at TRU the other day. I suspect I had a stroke, which is my excuse right now.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                  GLOWS in the Dark!
                  • May 3, 2006

Hahaha Michael. Girls dolls are far from my thing, but I am so tempted to pick up the Franky chick. She would fun to photograph, because she looks so photogenic. Would be far from the first time I bought a toy I don't normally collect just to shoot.

Comment

• ramsey37
                    • Jun 18, 2001

These showed up at my local Wal-Mart for $17.98.
                    George

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

BBTS Has pre-Orders for Wave 2.
                      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• geoffdude
                        Banned
                        • Apr 18, 2009

Originally posted by ctc
                        Hmmmm....

It really is the kind of thing you've got to wonder why nobody's thought of it before.

Don C.
                        Actually someone did. Joel Adams, son of famous comic book artist Neal Adams, has had a creation called Lil Creatures Of The Night. He sells shirts, prints, etc. The web site is here.. http://www.lilz.net/

His creations are the top, and Mattel's are the bottom.

Joel Adams characters above, Mattel's below:

Regards,

g.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by geoffdude
                          Actually someone did. Joel Adams, son of famous comic book artist Neal Adams, has had a creation called Lil Creatures Of The Night. He sells shirts, prints, etc. The web site is here..
                          His weren't the first either. Loads of different kid monsters have been done over the years. Nothing in common between Lil Creatures and Monster High other than the monster subject matter.

Comment

• geoffdude
                            Banned
                            • Apr 18, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                            His weren't the first either. Loads of different kid monsters have been done over the years. Nothing in common between Lil Creatures and Monster High other than the monster subject matter.
                            Really? What other kid monsters were done? I'm not aware of any. Though I must admit I'm not into girl toys, or monsters, that much. I did like the Groovie Goolies, but they're not kids as I recall.

There seems to be ALOT of similarities to me in the character designs within the two above pics though.

Regards,

g.
                            Last edited by geoffdude; Jun 29, '10, 2:16 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by geoffdude
                              There seems to be ALOT of similarities to me in the character designs within the two above pics though.
                              Other than being female and both borrowing heavily from Universal I don't see any resemblance. The Lil Creatures looks more like the usual scantily clad Super Hero designs aimed primarly at a male audience.

Too many kid monster stuff to list them all. From Children's books, toys, anime and cartoons (Drak Pack is one of my favs). Monster High aren't even the first gothic or Monster Fashion dolls. Just the first to mainstream mass market it and really put the idea together. One of the more well known is Begoths which came out several years ago. While not as gruesome as Mezco's Living Dead dolls, they are still too pierced and tattooed for mainstream massmarket.
                              Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 29, '10, 2:35 PM.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
                                True. Granted it was a one time deal but there is that one Scooby Doo movie with the daughters of the more famous monsters.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎