Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Found Rochelle Goyle tonight at Walmart. I've been cutting back on my MH collecting because I haven't been really liking a lot of the new MH releases. I haven't cared for or got any of the recent variants and I've passed on Nefera so far. But I couldn't pass up Rochelle. I've always dug Gargoyles and she looks very cool. Very gothic. Her outfit is black, white and silver with a terrific fleurs de lis pattern. Her plastic is grey and speckled to look like stone and It's done very well. One of the nicer MH releases in some time.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Nick is running a movie tomorrow. Monster High:Escape from Skull Shores. It airs at 6 P.M. Eastern/5 Central. I'm guessing it's because it's Friday the 13th.

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

Hello my fellow MM members. Did anyone else take advantage of the Monster High deal where you can get a Frankie Stein for $4.13?
        After we found the TRU flyer/coupon on the internet last night we went into the store and my two daughters grabbed the maximum total per coupon, 3. What a deal, we got 3 and still paid less than what one would normally cost.
        Last edited by jacoblb; Apr 14, '12, 11:01 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Watched the MH special. It was fun. Some nice King Kong homages thrown in.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Harbingerboy
            Career Member
            • Jun 18, 2007

After about a month long drought of literally NO MH merch on shelves at multiple stores, I was surprised to find this little guy in a beat up box with a lone Nefera at one Target today, and another in a pristine box all by his lonesome at a Target a few miles away...

No sign of the Gargoyle's daughter yet (who I'm sure will be more popular with the tween gals, despite Jackson's nerdy swagger), but I was very surprised to see the son of Dr. Jekyll considering he is the short-packed new release in this latest assortment...

Wave 7 Case (April '12)
            2 x Rochelle Goyle
            1 x Jackson Jekyll
            1 x Abbey Bominable
            1 x Operetta
            1 x Nefera De Nile

...and considering he's also the only 2012 Basic NOT slotted for any future waves later this year (unless he pops up again at Christmas), so grab him if you see him!

Wave 8 Case (August '12)
            2 x Venus McFlytrap
            2 x Robecca Steam
            1 x Rochelle Goyle
            1 x Abbey Bominable

Wave 9 Case (September '12)
            2 x Venus McFlytrap
            2 x Lagoona Blue (late 2011 Basic reissue AKA "School's Out")
            1 x Rochelle Goyle
            1 x Robecca Steam

EDIT: Made the rounds this morning and found Rochelle - YAY!
            Last edited by Harbingerboy; Apr 28, '12, 5:04 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

my daughter had some birthday money and wanted to get the Frankie Stein and Claudine dolls from the sweet 1600 line so i ordered them on target.com. she promptly broke Frankies leg in a day so I contacted Mattel customer service to see if they could seel replacement legs. i was surprised by their response that they were sending a new doll. great service. now i just have to deal with an 8 yr old asking every day if it came yet

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Jackson makes me think Peter Parker everytime I see him. And you found 2 of them? Awesome. I have been trying to find a Gil for some time now, but it seems that the boys are just too hard to come across.

Comment

• Earth2Wife
                  • Jun 13, 2009

Thanks Harbingerboy for the case times and lot assortments-that lets me know when to look. I was lucky and caught Rochelle and Jackson on amazon for 21.99 one day last week and should receive them Thursday. Today my local Wal-mart got in a shipment of the Dead Tired dolls and I picked up a Draculaura for our little girl

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

just to note: those look like Ent. Earth release dates which are not necessarily what you see for release at the big box stores. Most times they are lagging a bit behind.
                    EE shows July for the new Dead Tired case lots, but you have already found a Draculaura.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 15, 2010

Finally got Meowlody and Purrsephonie for the missus today.
                      sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• BlackKnight
                        The DarkSide Customizer
                        • Apr 16, 2005

I dunno how you guys even find this line and collect it, without the 2ndary Market.
                        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Be careful ordering from Amazon. I just received Jackson and Rochelle and the boxes are thrashed!
                          sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ Everyone says that about everything on Amazon.
                            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 15, 2010

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                              I dunno how you guys even find this line and collect it, without the 2ndary Market.
                              It's a muggleforker sometimes, but patience seems to be the way to go. I learned my lesson when I overreactedand went to evilbay for Nefera and Operetta.
                              sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 18, 2007

Buyers beware! Mattel's throwing Monster High into exclusive-overkill in 2012...

You saw it coming from 1,000 miles away...Like last year's Gloom Beach 5-Pack, Skull Shores is getting the same treatment at TARGET. It's a bit of a better deal this year with 3 new dolls (technically). The Skull Shores cast is now complete with SS Cleo, SS Clawdeen and technicolor SS Frankie!

Dead Tired returns only at K-MART, the only place to find DT Abbey, as well as 2.0 Clawdeen & Draculaura.

The previously announced Coffin Bean playset w/CB Clawdeen will be popping up everywhere soon, but will get an exclusive pack-out w/CB Draculaura only at COSTCO.

Ghoulia's Scooter and Draculaura's Powder Room will also be showing up very soon, but TOYS R US will be the only place to get these with exclusive Ghoulia & Draculaura dolls!

Draculaura's Sweet 1600 Roadster will be reissued as a JC PENNY exclusive with all-new Draculaura.

The ridiculously themed/named Dot Dead Gorgeous expands its ranks with DDG Draculaura, Abbey & Ghoulia in a WAL-MART exclusive 3-pack. Similar to Wal-Mart's elusive DotD 3-pack last year, this time sees all new dolls.

The Skultimate (?) Roller Maze sees a K-MART exclusive 2-pack with new RM Abbey and the widely available RM Ghoulia.

KOHL'S will be getting exclusive Clawdeen & Operetta dolls dressed in their most recent fashion packs (shipping now). Expect these in the smaller boxes like last year's 'Killer Style/Day at the Maul' Frankie & Draculaura which popped up at discount chains and mom & pop shops.

Finally, only at TARGET, a new 'Collector Quality' line (ie: even higher price point) called 'Scary Tales' including a very cool Clawdeen, a meh Frankie and a busted Draculaura!

Scary Tales has potential, but after the 'deluxe' Sweet 1600 and Ghouls Rule price points, I'll be scaling back to basics. Literally. MH is starting to really jump the shark with some of these subsets, and I think if they're going for longevity with MH, they're gonna have to be a little more creative than some of these hits and misses. But hey, anything with a skullette on the box is flying off the shelves, so drive it into the ground, Mattel!

SDCC 2012 exclusive still TBA. All prices and shipping dates TBA.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎