Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

nice. my daughter loves these. we just finally snagged Draculaura's dragster. it is pretty cool although a tad pricey on TRU.com at 34.95. would porobably make a cool custom Batmobile if you sanded down all the girly design and repainted it.

i had gotten Abbie for both my daughters for Christmas on Target.com for 12.99 each. then after Christmas I was looking on amazon and they were going for like 60.00 each. also the CC Dead fast doll and the dead fast figures from comic con were going for over a hundred on amazon. i said to my wife i should have just sold them and gotten the kids something else...LOL

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
      Mighty Man/Monster Maker
      • Aug 14, 2007

Somebody should figure out how to mold the build-a-monster torso and cast a bunch of them.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
      https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        i had gotten Abbie for both my daughters for Christmas on Target.com for 12.99 each. then after Christmas I was looking on amazon and they were going for like 60.00 each. also the CC Dead fast doll and the dead fast figures from comic con were going for over a hundred on amazon. i said to my wife i should have just sold them and gotten the kids something else...LOL
        these are definitely going for crazy money now. Not necessarily these exact dolls, but whatever is new and just released commands some serious online premium. I was looking at some custom stuff with my daughter and one of the sellers also had made sales on some of the newer dolls. $75 bucks for Operetta??? 3x the money. Wow. No wonder the scalpers are all over this stuff - and no wonder there are none in my local stores.

I wonder how long the interest in lines like this last. It is barely over a year old - is that correct?

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by GaryPlaysWithDolls
          Somebody should figure out how to mold the build-a-monster torso and cast a bunch of them.
          Mattel Just needs to release a Torso/Arm/Thigh body and sell it for 6to9 Bucks in like 10 Different Colors.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Harbingerboy
            Career Member
            • Jun 18, 2007

Still no sign of Toralei, but I found Operetta & Nefera yesterday (from the look of it, that case breakdown is 2 x 2011 Cleo; 2 x Nefera; 2 x Operetta). Great additions!

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

I just found out that Cupid was a WM exclusive??
              Also found that you can search local area WM stores for their stock of this doll and have them hold it for a pick-up.

Comment

• Jerry68
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 12, 2008

We walked into Target tonight and what was there? A fresh case. We grabed Opereta, Toralei and Nefera.
                sigpic

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

I walked into WM with my receipt for a pre-ordered Cupid and walked out emptyhanded 'cos someone had made a pre-order for more than they had in stock and I was automatically booted and refunded.

The resellers are crazy on this line. Count yourself lucky if you walk in on a fresh restock.

Comment

• Jerry68
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                    I walked into WM with my receipt for a pre-ordered Cupid and walked out emptyhanded 'cos someone had made a pre-order for more than they had in stock and I was automatically booted and refunded.

The resellers are crazy on this line. Count yourself lucky if you walk in on a fresh restock.
                    I did, I was blown away and grabbed what I could. These figures are going for insane amounts on ebay. I heard there are more new figures on the way very soon...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

if you just wait the supply eventually catches up to demand....after 2 -3 newer waves have come out, and then you can find stuff again. i refuse to pay the scalper prices on ebay or amazon.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

The exclusive is in today's Wal-Mart flyer.

Comment

• Anarchy
                          Career Member
                          • May 26, 2009

I have an extra Operetta mint in box for sale, just asking what i paid 21.99 + shipping. pic available upon request. Walked into toys r us and they had 2 of them, grabbed them both one for my wife then one for her to trade but she ended up finding the other ones she needed.
                          Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• Jerry68
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                            The exclusive is in today's Wal-Mart flyer.
                            I checked the flyer and all walmarts within 50 miles.... Out of stock. Why on Earth put something in the flyer when you don't have it????

Thanks for the heads up, that was cool!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Anarchy
                              Career Member
                              • May 26, 2009

yea most walmarts i have been too they have a sign posted that said they cannot fulfill their orders for cupid and none have been stocked today.
                              Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• BlackKnight
                                The DarkSide Customizer
                                • Apr 16, 2005

All Walmarts Here have been Bone Dry with Monster High stuff Since Black Friday .
                                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎