X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

need HELP! Marx Johnny West BoTW etc.

I just purchased some dolls and misc. old toys from an older lady.
    to make a long story short, she's got a fair sized lot of johnny West toys that weren't a part of the lot I was buying. i took some pics (havent uloaded them yet) and I know she's looking for a couple hundred for the lot.
    Just want some opinions from people who know this line of figures and accessories.

included is Johnny west on his horse Thunderbolt. included is thunderbolts box in ok but not mint shape.
    Jane west on a unfortunatley painted thunderbolt, also with box in ok shape.
    Marx indian (geronimo? chief cheerokee?) on a horse called flame, also with an ok box.
    small white girl (like a teen jane west) on a horse called thundercolt, also with a nice box.
    and a dog called Flack, with a nice box.
    the boxes are a little worn, but have nice colours and no fading. might have some dents or dings, a bit of old tape along some seems. Non are mint but all could be on display without looking bad. They are mostly canadian boxes with some writing in french.
    There's about 50+ accessories including everything from rifles to combs, pots and pans, chaps, knifes etc etc etc.
    I know posting some pics will help, ill try to get that done soon, but in the meantime, can anybody tell me if anything is rare or point me to a good siteto identify items.
    also the lady says the horses are "first issue" without bendable legs, but she didnt seem to know much about toys. Thanks in advance.
  • 4NDR01D
    • Jan 22, 2008

sorry, just to clarify, the boxes are for the horses and dog only, no boxes for the figures.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
      • Jan 22, 2008

Bump!!

Comment

• MysteryWho
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 16, 2008

This site should help you identify the pieces.
        http://www.stewartsattic.com/marx/fi...figureinfo.cfm
        As for their value, I guess you'll have follow some auctions on eBay.
        Just based on your description, I'd guess a couple hundred may be fair.

Comment

• Captain
          Fighting the good fight!
          • Jun 17, 2001

I'll steer clear of values, but can chime in on the figures themselves. first, shes a little confused about the horses. Thunderbolt NEVER came as a second release with bendable legs. Thunderbolt was always solid legged. Commanche came with the moveable legs...and they were very prone to breakage. To know if any of the horses were really rare, I would need to see pics. Some color variations in horse and tack can make a big difference.

Flack (and the other dog Flick) are relatively rare, and hard to find in good shape with box. Horse wise again, Flame is actually Jane Wests horse, and can be identified by the way he was designed--in a trot position. He was a bit rarer than the other horses. Thunderbolt, being primarily Johnny Wests horse is the most common, and he was produced throughout the entire run.

the indian character, if its male, could be Geronimo (sporting a prince Valiant type haircut, Chief Cherokee (pig tails) or fighting Eagle (mohawk hair do). Again, rairty depends on a lot of issues. Rivet shoulders or not? Open hands or closed? body color? accesory color?

You mentioned these are Canadian releases, and that may mean they are worth a bit more than the standard release. Especially if they are from the "mod color" era. Again, would need to see pics.

If everything is there, the price shes asking is fair.
          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• 4NDR01D
            • Jan 22, 2008

Ok, thanks you guys. She wants me to sell them for her, and I was just wondering if they were something I could flip if I bought them from her.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎