Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is there for your Spouse to do in Wheeling?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GUYx1
    FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
    • Apr 20, 2005

Personally my wife said 'Hell no'. She said she'd drop me off whil she headed off to a spa for the weekend.
    She already has plans to call the dumpster people and have the whole lot carted off upon my demise so it is really amazing that some couples can share the mego experience together.
    Cheers,
    Guyx1

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

My whole family enjoyed the Oglebay Park the Sunday after the '08 Meet. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

She doesn't want to spend 2 days looking at and talking Megos????

Comment

• AcroRay
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 17, 2005

My wife and kids are all toy geeks, and they have a great time on the day of the Meet.

It's only about a 90 minute drive from where we live, though, so they don't have to spend the whole weekend with me.
          Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
          AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
          The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
          Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
            House of a thousand Megos
            • Aug 10, 2009

Next to Wheeling if you go west on 70 there is St Clairville OH and there is a huge amount of shopping. It's really nice there and it has really built up over the years, much better than a family dollar or a walk for a woman. If you go east on 70 there is walmart and that kind of thing not too much. St Clairville OH just about 10 minutes west of mego meet. My wife will probably be there so I will have to bring double spending money LOL
            Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• GUYx1
              FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
              • Apr 20, 2005

Not trying to sound too urban, but my wife is none too geeky.
              If the Sushi has fake crab, I am in trouble.
              It sounds like you are saying no Vegan resturants, Sushi or day spas?
              Maybe Thai or Indian places?
              Is there at least someplace she could get a full manicure & pedicure for a few hours?
              Someplace that does full beauty makeovers, or heck, even an art Museum would work for a few hours.
              Not looking too good for me so far.
              I actually want to survive the trip back.
              Cheers,
              Guyx1

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by GUYx1

Let's just say if Barny Fife and Andy Taylor drove by patrolling the streets, I wouldn't give it a second glance. Sushi is probably not big and crab probably isn't either and fake is a guarantee. They eat their steak with a double helping of beef and a side of chicken. If asked I bet most couldn't tell you what vegan is much less show you a restaurant. This is rural to what I live in and I hardly live in the big city. Too bad the steaks are really good. They do have salads obviously but it's not a meal by any means.
                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• boss
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 18, 2003

my wife went last year and ended up getting half her Christmas shopping done. She had a really good time.
                  Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Hulk
                    Mayor of Megoville
                    • May 10, 2003

Check google maps, and "Search nearby"

Sushi - Closest location is in Pittsburgh. Thai food - Pittsburgh.

Indian Food... Riverside Rastaurant, Powhatan Point, Ohio. 15 miles away. Listed as an Indian Restaurant, with a cuisine of Pizza, and its a Marina. Here's there one review (I love this)...

well, the great thing about riverside is that you have plenty of time to think about what you want to order, because the old, post-menopausal waitress, sporting an old, 20th century, floral patterned nightgown takes her good sweet time getting there...also, i recommend not ordering iced tea unless you want to see the blimp of a server groan in anguish like a stuck wildebeast gasping in its final breaths...the french toast was good, but the incompetent nincompoop waitress doesn't know the difference between the numbers 1 and 2, and will charge you whatever the hell she wants because she's old, and just doesn't care anymore...one of the nicer aspects of the restaurant is that when you do decide what to order, it doesn't really matter because the behemoth warlord doesn't really listen and will not heed your request, and will serve you whatever food is least spoiled and easiest to prepare (toast)....the atmosphere of the establishment, however, is quite comfortable...that is only if you are at least 60 years old, had at least one heart attack, and loose skin stretches farther than silly putty, otherwise, expect to be greeted with cold glares of hatred....in conclusion, the experience was interesting to say the least...p.s. dont order tomato juice either, you don't want to know why

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 1, 2005

My wife is looking forward to the Meet and pretty much knows what to expect, she's gone to plenty of toy shows and conventions with me and enjoys it. I think if it was more than two days, it might be a bit much for her. But as long as there's beer and food to look forward to at the end of the day she's happy!

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

There is a theme park at the highlands!
                        The Highlands | Wild Escape Theme Park

Are there usually Mego Meet events on Sunday?
                        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by samurainoir
                          Are there usually Mego Meet events on Sunday?
                          No, that's travel day home for most of us.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by GUYx1
                            Not trying to sound too urban, but my wife is none too geeky.
                            Maybe Thai or Indian places?
                            Is there at least someplace she could get a full manicure & pedicure for a few hours?
                            Someplace that does full beauty makeovers, or heck, even an art Museum would work for a few hours.
                            Not looking too good for me so far.
                            I actually want to survive the trip back.
                            Guyx1, I think you are good to go! There is a Spa at the the Oglebay Resort!!!
                            West Spa at Oglebay - Massage & Healing Therapy, Body Treatment, Facials and more

I'm thinking I can earn some major points by booking her a massage!!! Maybe I'll even get one myself. "The Experience" on the Spa menu sounds like a winner.

There is a Japanese Steakhouse with a pan-asian menu at the Highhlands.
                            FUSION Japanese Steakhouse - Hibachi, Fine Asain Cusisine, Sushi Sashimi

Vegies and Tofu. I am all set!!! 8)

She can brown bag a lunch at the zoo or get a veggie sub at Quiznos.

Indigo Joes has a Veggie Burger.
                            Indigo Joe's Sports Pub Restaurant at The Highlands | Wheeling, WV

Carriage House Glass Museum!
                            Carriage House Glass Museum, Wheeling

She can even bring her bike!
                            Start your day with a walk / jog / bike ride on some of Wheeling’s 17 miles of paved rail trails. The east / west section runs parallel to Interstate 70 and features multiple exercise stations and the Hempfield Viaduct. The north / south portion runs along the Ohio River, where you will pass the lovingly restored homes of Victorian Old Town

Anyone have any experience of the historical tour of Victoria Old Town?
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• weatherwizard-Corey
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jul 1, 2008

Candy outlet!

There's a big candy (ruth?) outlet next to the HUGE Cabellas store. Just down the road. I think towards st. Clairsville. There's a big mall that way too and I think there is a great little chocolate outlet (Halls) somewhere around there too. You can't go wrong with candy and shopping!
                              Wanted:- 12" Robin Shoes; Mego Batcave, Mego Die-cast Batman-loose, Mattel-BSG Gold Cylon loose.

Comment

• hobub
                                Ghost of a Dead Indian
                                • Jun 18, 2001

http://www.cabins.com/usa/wv/wv_whee...kview_001.html

http://www.wheeling-park.com/

http://www.oionline.com/

http://www.oglebay-resort.com/

http://www.capitoltheatrewheeling.com/

http://www.victorianwheeling.com/

http://www.washingtonwildthings.com/

http://www.wheelingnailers.com/
                                Last edited by hobub; May 4, '10, 9:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎