X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

GI Joe Adventure Team Newsletter

Hasbro was pretty adept at marketing the G.I. Joe line to kids as evidenced by this 1974 newsletter sent to members of "The Adventure Team". For a $1.50 you got all kinds of cool swag plus this newsletter, which was filled with stories and a pile of material lifted from the Hasbro catalog.

Seeing this stuff blows my mind and makes me wish I wasn't so darn lazy as a child. This newsletter (complete with letter from Commander Mike Triumph) is a wonderful window into a time when Kung Fu Grip was king...

Click Here to see the 1974 GI Joe Adventure Team Newsletter

Other G.I. Joe Related Links

Also be sure to stick around this weekend for a vintage visit with a cylon and the worst colouring book I've ever seen.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

now this is a line i tried getting into but eventually lost interest in . i guess no tv show to back it up.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

I love the GIJoe AT. I have that headquarters proudly displayed in my toyroom. Even though I have mixed series of GIJoes, they are ALL Adventure Team to me.

That newsletter is so cool. I used to try to bid on the ones on Ebay, but have stopped trying.

(BTW...Brian, the first 2 pics (cover and box art) aren't working to enlarge.)
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍