"Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
        Career Member
        • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by megoat
        [the] info is around the plug. I tried to take a picture but two things got in the way--my camera ain't the best and my photography skills ain't the best!
        I typically suffer the same dilemma. Would you mind transcribing verbatim the printing around the plug? Also, if the opportunity arises, I'd really dig seeing a photo.

Thanks for supplying the photo. They look beautiful as a set.
        I'm delighted to have the photo myself. Just to be clear, the picture came from a link posted on the Universal Monster Army yahoo message board a few years back, and I'm pretty sure it is from Richard Olson's collection. The UMA board has an incredible archive of photos and, while not exclusively focused on toys, is populated a number of very friendly experts on monsters, who are often willing to share their knowledge. It also has members like me - so it's not all good people, just so you know.

Have you ever seen a Frankie come up on ebay? Curious to know what he goes for.
        I've never heard of a Frankenstein's Monster changing hands, especially not on ebay. In the world of eBay, the sky's the limit on prices. I've done professional appraisal as part of collectible stores I've been affiliated with in the past and I browse ebay regularly, and am constantly amazed at the wide variance in selling price on many items. That said, what I think the Frank is worth and what it would bring are two different things. I think a 22" sample in similar condition to your Creature would be in the $400 to $600 range, but seeing it close for $2000 would not shock me, as monster collectors are passionate about their hobby and there are a couple of high rollers in the community.

I'm only aware of a couple of 22" Frankenstein's in people's collections, and those only via the UMA board. That probably has something to do with keeping some info close to the vest to help limit prices on the part of many collectors. People are less inclined to spend more on something they aren't sure on the origins of, and these Takara toys are obscure. I know my rather liberal dissemination of information has upwardly effected prices on many items I still don't own.

I currently know of only one set of packaged samples from this series, and those belong to Bob "Mr. Monster" Morris - a world class collector and, incidentally, owner of the taxidermied Polar Bear featured in the Addams Family television show. Sure do wish I'd bought the one offered me in 1991.

More later, this post is already looooooong,

Shannon
        Last edited by darkmonkeygod; Oct 2, '07, 2:23 AM. Reason: added info about packaged examples

Comment

• ramsey37
          • Jun 18, 2001

This goes to show what I know, I was more excited about the Remco Herman Munster than the inflatables I know I've seen a pic of the Creature somewhere online, but beyond that I knew absolutely nothing about them. Thanks for sharing your knowledge
          George

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Wow, that was fun to watch. The Japanese strike again, congrats Matt!
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

Spend $5 and flip it into $1398. Priceless

Big congrats, Matt!

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

congrats bro,sweet flip $1400 sound pretty darn good
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• megoat
                  A Therefore Experience
                  • Jun 10, 2003

Thanks guys! I'm pretty happy with the end result. I was sweatin' it out, though. Lots of action in the last seconds.

And for the record, the inflatables cost me three dollars, not five.

The remaining bits of my 5 dollar total investment have yet to be auctioned! (I think I may keep the Herman Munster)......

Comment

• Sowth
                    Career Member
                    • Mar 14, 2006

Wow! Congrats on those.

You'll have to buy that under-bidder on the Creature a beer if you ever run into him. It only takes two to make an auction doesn't it?

Cheers,
                    Will
                    Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• ramsey37
                      • Jun 18, 2001

The end price on the Creature isn't surprising. Amongst monster collectors, Creature fans usually are the most willing to fight to the death for a piece they don't have yet. Congrats, and I still hate you
                      George

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎