X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Biddy Biddy Cool

I love Buck Rogers, I watched it faithfully as a kid every week and as an adult I've worn out my boxed set. It's the perfect 70s entertainment for me, cheese, sci fi and sexy all sloppily tucked into an ill fitting spandex jumpsuit.
    As a kid however, the closest I ever got to the toys were when my pal Jason visited and I got to borrow his figures for the day. For some reason, my mom truly drew the line with Buck toys, it was a complete no go, which was weird considering I watched "Battlestar Galactica" maybe five times as kid and had the whole first wave. I'll never get parents, maybe she just didn't like Gil Gerard.
    Check out the Mego Museum's Buck Rogers Gallery.

Also, A scrappy company called ZICA toys is set to release Mego like 8" versions of Buck Rogers, Tigerman and Hawk this summer and they've even promised a Twiki in wave 2! Check out the awesomeness of the headsculpts here.
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

great set, I still have some somewhere
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
      To Fear is Not Logical...
      • Feb 17, 2008

Those look great in that catalog pic. I remember as a kid wanting to buy them, but it wasn't cool to get that stuff in the 7th grade. Boy what a difference a year made.
      It's all good!

Comment

• Jason73
        Correctamundo!
        • Jan 11, 2009

I remember looking at these figures at Circus World and wanting them, but not quite as much as Star Wars. The Zica figures look great too and I think I may purchase them if I get a chance.
        Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

I remember really liking Buck Rogers as a kid...it's probably about time I sat down and watched it again.

Comment

• starsky
            veteran member
            • Aug 26, 2007

i love that starfighter!

Comment

• 4NDR01D
              Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
              • Jan 22, 2008

My favorite toys as a kid were a combo of Star Wars, Buck Rogers, BSG, micronauts and some star trek. I'm still convinced twiki and r2d2 are best friends.

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

Neat!

When I was a kid I HATED the show, but loved the figures. Go fig.

Don C.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 1, 2005

Here's an example of a line of toys that I adored as a kid, another line that I say, "I'll start really collecting these someday" and haven't yet taken the plunge. I do own a beat up Tiger Man 12" figure, and I still have my original backer card from my Buck figure I had as a kid, but that's it.
                  I can recall as a kid being really impressed with these figures and especially the vehicles and playsets, and thinking that the Star Wars line would be even cooler if they were more like these!

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
                    Banned
                    • Feb 13, 2010

Looks amazing I think some of the people in my class collected this I was to interested in the Start wars figures and I hated the star trek line on figures and buck Rogers the figures looked clumpy and fatter and not as well made as the star wars ones :( the command centre in the photo looks amazing though anyone actually got one? i could see a better picture of?

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by SlipperyLilSuckers
                      I remember really liking Buck Rogers as a kid...it's probably about time I sat down and watched it again.
                      I feel the same way, loved the show, but on watching the DVDs...some episodes are pretty awful when viewed now....
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

loved the show as a kid and just recently purchased the whole series on DVD and still loved it. I only had a handful of the figures as a kid though. My little brother had more of the line than me, including the starfighter which is still a very cool toy.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎