Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have The Amsco Marvel World Playset?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Slightly off-topic, but while you are waiting for scans, check this out. There was this guy who showed a composite Dr Strange playset images using photos of my Stately Caverns playset as a base. I'd love to see that for real some day.

This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• samsallspark
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 17, 2010

WOW!!! That's what I'm talking about, together we could really make some great sets! I have met some great people here, and at Sanctum Sanctorum Comix: Visit The World of Marvel... MARVEL WORLD!

I'd love to get some of the art to build a 4 inch version of that didadisplay! AWESOME STUFF!

Comment

• samsallspark
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 17, 2010

(Only one good thing about the down time I have right now.......I went and bought supplies)!!!! Now I'm all set as soon as I get the images!

Comment

• samsallspark
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 17, 2010

What.........no one else has made a comment??

Comment

• Sanctum Sanctorum Comix
            • Apr 19, 2010

samsallspark is going to ruin it for everyone

samsallspark,

I appreciate that you are eager to get your project under way.
            Trust me, I empathize with you.

However, sending me constant emails, private messages and leaving multiple comments on my blog pestering me for these scans is NOT going to get them to you faster.

If you continue, I'll just say "screw it" and bag the whole thing.

I told you, when you FIRST contacted me - before you even signed on to this board to pester everyone else here, that I had the scans and was prepping them for better download / printing viability, and that I would be posting them to my blog in the middle of MAY - after I had a chance to fix the scans a bit and to wrap up other stuff I was working on.

I also had to factor in time to get stuff done around my place as I am packing to relocate.

I was clear on all that and did not mislead you in any way.

Due to your constant urgings, I have been trying to get the images completed FASTER, but I have been plagued by bad weather in my area and my electric keeps cutting out.
            (Plus, my wife sees me working on something that neither aids us in our being forced to leave our home, nor that brings in any income since I've lost my job, and she - rightly, wonders what makes this a priority.)

The marvel World scans WILL be posted.
            YOU will not get them before anyone else.
            You were not the first to ask for them, so don't think that I'm doing this just for you.

So, please ...

I'm not trying to be a tool, but you gotta cut me some slack.

~P~
            Last edited by Sanctum Sanctorum Comix; Apr 28, '10, 8:13 AM. Reason: typo
            ---
            "Tamam Shud!"
            ~P~
            PTOR

Sanctum Sanctorum Comix blog

Follow SANCTUMblog on Twitter

and check out the
            DOCTOR STRANGE-CAST podcast- featuring PTOR, HOWARD HALLIS, and DEE!

Comment

• Sanctum Sanctorum Comix
              • Apr 19, 2010

To everyone else here,
              I apologize if I've misused this public forum.

If I'm in the wrong over any of this, please let me know.

I'm a fan and a toy-collector as well.. and I DO understand how hard it is to wait for something you so desperately want.

To share a brief story; in the course of my seeking an item for my collection, a rare item that I only saw ONCE, in all my years of active searches - I had to wait 2 YEARS while tracking down the guy who had it, making contact, patiently waiting, sending offers and counter-offers, etc... and some reminders (set MONTHS apart - as the guy was v-e-r-y slow to reply since he had a life and other things that were of greater import to him) until that item was finally in my hands.

I value the "quest" for the item just as much as I do the item (some times more), and I do not undervalue that each of us is a geek for this stuff.
              (in a good way. )

I want to give this rare item - even a facsimile of it - to those who aren't fortunate enough to have one of their own.
              But, I only ask a little time to do it right.

It is unfortunate that my time-frame of availability isn't in synch (or that I had it done already) with those who are desirous of these works... but I AM eager to get this done and in your hands.

Thanks for "listening".

~P~
              Last edited by Sanctum Sanctorum Comix; Apr 28, '10, 7:56 AM. Reason: typo
              ---
              "Tamam Shud!"
              ~P~
              PTOR

Sanctum Sanctorum Comix blog

Follow SANCTUMblog on Twitter

and check out the
              DOCTOR STRANGE-CAST podcast- featuring PTOR, HOWARD HALLIS, and DEE!

Comment

• samsallspark
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 17, 2010

Well, in my defense, I don't know how often you check your email here, or on any other forum, but I promise that I am going to hang back and wait this out, It is not been my intent to annoy you, I guess you can say I'm a bit overeager to get the project completed, But you are right, if you have got my messages, all I've really asked is to see how the process was going, I didn't mean to make you feel rushed, and I publicly apologize for making you feel rushed. (This is just like that last 10 feet to the goal feeling, if you can understand) I'm sooooo close, but still so far from this project getting underway, but I will not bother you again, I will wait and hope to hear from you when you've completed the work.

The one thing that does stand out is that you think that I sighned on here to "pester" people, I'm a collector, and an artist, like most everyone on here, I've collected various action figure lines, and comic art for the past 30 years, and have a passion for the hunt Just Like Everyone else (now sometimes I am a bit overeager), but I signed on here to talk to like minded collectors, And if anyone here feels like I'm pestering please, by all right let me know.
                Last edited by samsallspark; May 1, '10, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                  Career Member
                  • Nov 27, 2009

You got passion and I love it!

Almost as much as the Marvel World Playset...almost.
                  If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• samsallspark
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 17, 2010

Thanks MEGO!

Comment

• samsallspark
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 17, 2010

I realize that "Sanctum Sanctorum Comix" has a lot going on so I'm going to throw this out to members here, if anyone has this set and would allow me to borrow it to do the scans myself I'd be more than happy to scan it and send it back to whomever will.

Sanctum Sanctorum Comix has a website to run and he already has a ton of things on his plate, and I know that he will eventually get to this, but if anyone has it and will loan it out send me a pm, you can also check my feedback as I have done business here, and value the members here on the forum.

Comment

• david_b
                        Never had enough toys..
                        • May 9, 2008

I've never seen this 'Marvel World'...!!!

I've just been working on my next Grail, the '73 Spiderman Playset.. I know a few folks here have it.. I'm still ticked my parents didn't let me buy it..

david_b
                        Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• samsallspark
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 17, 2010

Which 73 spidey playset? (MEGO)? or ideal?

Comment

• samsallspark
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 17, 2010

ARG!!! Man I thought my search had ended today, (I went out to the flea market) and there it was.......The Amsco Marvel World Playset, I walked up, and discovered it was just the empty box and the back was all damaged so Still my search continues.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                              Career Member
                              • Nov 27, 2009

Awww man, that must have sucked! Those first few seconds must have been nuts though when you first saw it. Fight the good fight my brotha.
                              If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• david_b
                                Never had enough toys..
                                • May 9, 2008

Originally posted by samsallspark
                                Which 73 spidey playset? (MEGO)? or ideal?
                                The ultra-cool Ideal set..

Show me what the Mego set looked like.
                                Last edited by david_b; May 16, '10, 12:03 AM.
                                Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎