Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have The Amsco Marvel World Playset?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samsallspark
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 17, 2010

Do you have a link for that? (if it's the star wars sets, I've already built those).

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
      Career Member
      • Nov 27, 2009

I'm very surprised you don't have one Tim considering how awesome your collection is. Are you looking for it? If so, let me know and I'll help track one down for you. What would be your price?
      If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
        Career Member
        • Nov 27, 2009

Originally posted by Tim Arnold
        It would be a tremendous task mainly because there are so many pieces to it. Could it be done, yes but finding the person who would scan each piece front and back will be hard to do. I've been in contact with the owner of the Sanctum Sanctorum Comix site for the past 2 years. He said he's send me scans if I'd send him some scans of stuff I have but he put me off for a couple of years. He's a nice guy and all but just never came through for me and I understand what a work in progress all that scanning would be.
        I do have a few of the original character pieces to it if anyone would like scans just let me know. I'd be happy to do it.
        In the end it might be worth trying to win one on Ebay. I've seen them go anywhere from $250-$500 and they show up a few times a year. Making one would be an incredible amount of scanning, cutting and printing. There are a few people on this board including myself that have been after one of these for a long time.
        I'm very surprised you don't have a Marvel World Tim considering how awesome your collection is. Are you looking for it? If so, let me know and I'll help track one down for you. What would be your price?
        If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• samsallspark
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 17, 2010

I am still hopeful that someone will answer my call and post the scans, (I can hope).

Comment

• raider5gt
            Museum Tree Cutter
            • Nov 25, 2007

Originally posted by theressa
            Here's a pic of my Apes set Very neat! Had one a long time ago and loved it! So had to get one again.

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...1_original.jpg
            That's really cool,love the apes set Theressa.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
              Career Member
              • Nov 27, 2009

Very nice. These sets are awesome and very well made.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by samsallspark
                I am still hopeful that someone will answer my call and post the scans, (I can hope).
                I really didn't mean to come off sounding that scans would be too much to ask from someone and hope you didn't take it that way. I'm sure that many people would be interested in the scans including myself.
                Here's a picture of the "Super City". It was in the Woman's Day Book of Best Loved Toys & Dolls and is intended for the 8" Mego figures. There's around 20 pages or so of instructions and you could probably pick up the book for less than $5. One thing is for certain and that's you'll need a lot of room!

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                  Career Member
                  • Nov 27, 2009

When I first found this picture a few years ago I thought I found the lost Ark. When I told collectors about it, they thought I already knew about it. Ahhh, such is life.

Comment

• samsallspark
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 17, 2010

I'm going to keep looking till I find the amsco set, keep looking and pm me if you find it.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                      Career Member
                      • Nov 27, 2009

Hey Sam, I located a guy who has it.

Box is in great condition and the city is unpunched except for all the figures and a few of them seem to be missing; Hulk, Spider-man, Thing, Thor, Captain America, and a few others (seemed like the previous owner couldn't resist playing with all the figures and keeping the more popular ones). He said he doesn't want to punch out the city and may be looking to sell it in the future. I'm not sure if you want a complete playset or if you're just more interested in the city so you can scan it. If so, this may be incomplete but right up your alley. He said he'll get back to me, so I'll let you know.

Comment

• samsallspark
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 17, 2010

Let me know what you can find out. If he just would scan the pieces even unpunched it would help, but if I have to buy it...hey I'll do that as well. thanks, keep me informed.

Comment

• Sanctum Sanctorum Comix
                          • Apr 19, 2010

Marvel World has been Scanned! Scans Are Soon To Be Posted!

Originally posted by Tim Arnold
                          ... I've been in contact with the owner of the Sanctum Sanctorum Comix site for the past 2 years. He said he's send me scans if I'd send him some scans of stuff I have but he put me off for a couple of years. He's a nice guy and all but just never came through for me and I understand what a work in progress all that scanning would be.
                          Hey there guys.
                          I'm the owner of the Sanctum Sanctorum Comix blog.

First, I am glad to find Tim Arnold here...
                          I feel I should clear up a few minor things.

Tim is right in that he asked for scans of the figures and it took me A-G-E-S to get it done right (I made scans, but they weren't great. So I rescanned and then spent time to clean them up in Photoshop to look brand new, and formatted the files to print on 8.5 x 11 paper for ease of printing... etc... etc...).

Basically, between my job and home life, I took several months indeed.
                          And all the while, with all of my excuses, Tim was kind and understanding.

Sadly, when I finally finished the task (last year in April) I sent Tim a few emails and he never replied.
                          I figured he'd lost patience and found them elsewhere.

I sent another email and that bounced back to me as "undeliverable".
                          So I thought he'd changed his email address or internet provider or something, as he had upgraded from dial-up to DSL a month before.

However, by then, I had lost my job (downsized by the economy) and had more pressing concerns on my mind.

I want Tim to know that each and every time I came across those files on my hard drive, I thought of him and wished that I had been able to produce those scans faster.

HOWEVER, (my long "sad life's story" notwithstanding ) several people have left me comments (and emails) asking for scans of the Marvel World set (samsallspark most recently).

I am very happy to announce that a friend of mine had already scanned HIS set and sent me the scans.

He reduced the size of the pieces so that they could print out on 11x17 paper to be assembled as a smaller version of the set.

I asked him if I could post his images on my blog and he said yes.

So, I'm going to check them out - find a good reliable place to host them (free for me to upload and free for you to download) - some site that won't delete them after a few weeks/months and put them into a new post on my blog (as well as at the same link-entry you guys had posted here).

I'll see if I can increase the size of the scans back to their real size, but either way, in whatever size, they WILL be posted - some time in mid May.
                          That should give me time to wrap up a series of blog posts I'm working on now (showcasing some of my old comic book style artwork) and examine my friend's scans.
                          (I'm also packing to move - as the job loss has hit us pretty hard - so... I still have my mind preoccupied. )

Anyway, if anyone knows of a good hosting site for sharing files, LMK.

Any questions, send a comment or visit my blog.

Take care guys.
                          Last edited by Sanctum Sanctorum Comix; Apr 20, '10, 10:51 AM. Reason: typo
                          ---
                          "Tamam Shud!"
                          ~P~
                          PTOR

Sanctum Sanctorum Comix blog

Follow SANCTUMblog on Twitter

and check out the
                          DOCTOR STRANGE-CAST podcast- featuring PTOR, HOWARD HALLIS, and DEE!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                            • Apr 3, 2007

That POTA one is ultra cool!
                            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Marvelmania
                              A Ray of Sunshine
                              • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by Sanctum Sanctorum Comix
                              Hey there guys.
                              I'm the owner of the Sanctum Sanctorum Comix blog.

First, I am glad to find Tim Arnold here...
                              I feel I should clear up a few minor things.

Tim is right in that he asked for scans of the figures and it took me A-G-E-S to get it done right (I made scans, but they weren't great. So I rescanned and then spent time to clean them up in Photoshop to look brand new, and formatted the files to print on 8.5 x 11 paper for ease of printing... etc... etc...).

Basically, between my job and home life, I took several months indeed.
                              And all the while, with all of my excuses, Tim was kind and understanding.

Sadly, when I finally finished the task (last year in April) I sent Tim a few emails and he never replied.
                              I figured he'd lost patience and found them elsewhere.

I sent another email and that bounced back to me as "undeliverable".
                              So I thought he'd changed his email address or internet provider or something, as he had upgraded from dial-up to DSL a month before.

However, by then, I had lost my job (downsized by the economy) and had more pressing concerns on my mind.

I want Tim to know that each and every time I came across those files on my hard drive, I thought of him and wished that I had been able to produce those scans faster.

HOWEVER, (my long "sad life's story" notwithstanding ) several people have left me comments (and emails) asking for scans of the Marvel World set (samsallspark most recently).

I am very happy to announce that a friend of mine had already scanned HIS set and sent me the scans.

He reduced the size of the pieces so that they could print out on 11x17 paper to be assembled as a smaller version of the set.

I asked him if I could post his images on my blog and he said yes.

So, I'm going to check them out - find a good reliable place to host them (free for me to upload and free for you to download) - some site that won't delete them after a few weeks/months and put them into a new post on my blog (as well as at the same link-entry you guys had posted here).

I'll see if I can increase the size of the scans back to their real size, but either way, in whatever size, they WILL be posted - some time in mid May.
                              That should give me time to wrap up a series of blog posts I'm working on now (showcasing some of my old comic book style artwork) and examine my friend's scans.
                              (I'm also packing to move - as the job loss has hit us pretty hard - so... I still have my mind preoccupied. )

Anyway, if anyone knows of a good hosting site for sharing files, LMK.

Any questions, send a comment or visit my blog.

Take care guys.

So glad to see you here! I think in my last email or so I might have mention I was upgrading my service so I imagine that's where the email snag was.
                              Of course I understand that life comes first and the past few years have been tough on many. Really, I kind of thought I was being a pest and had asked too much of you, after all that is a lot to ask of anyone. Having thought I wore out my welcome I kind of put it on the back burner. In the meantime I did acquire a few of the original character pieces but nothing else.
                              I, like others would be extremely interested in scans but still hope to pick up an original someday soon.
                              It's a nice surprise to see you here and hope to see you around here much more often as your schedule allows. If there's anything I can do to help out, please let me know!

Comment

• samsallspark
                                Veteran Member
                                • Apr 17, 2010

Here's the place to host the pics right here:http://www.flickr.com/ And they can be hosted at full size. And if you can scan them and send them to my email on the first page of this thread, I'll happily host them as well.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎