Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rikitikitavi
    Museum Mongoose
    • Aug 15, 2003

I am reticent about buying loads of apes, even soldiers, due to the affordabilty of the originals. On a good day, you can buy a solider ape complete for less than DST will sell them.

Comment

• ABMAC
      User
      • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by lepage
      …If there was a variation of the soldier ape (black tunic,plum pants) I will be buying loads!
      They're not plum and black. The fabric and leather are both shades of brown:

Comment

• kingcarm
        That Ape Guy
        • Sep 7, 2001

I would buy one of each ape just so that my little daughter (3 yrs old) could have her own set to play with. She already has an original Cornelius that she has painted with her water color paint.
        Carm

Comment

• rikitikitavi
          Museum Mongoose
          • Aug 15, 2003

I was just thinking that if Soldier apes were made, they'd be Type 2. Most of my vintage apes (some 60 figures) are type 1, especially the soldiers. It would be interesting to have extra type 2 soldiers. A bit different.

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

>Later versions of the MALE CTVT bodies seemed to improve ,BUT the female version Sucks EGGS !

I found the female bodies with necks to be passable.... but the ones without are horrible! The male bodies did improve; and the glow ones were darned near as good as an original Mego.

>I was just thinking that if Soldier apes were made, they'd be Type 2.

Yeah... and I would very much prefer T2 apes. There are a few new Apes figs I'd love to get. I still need both ape generals, and repro ones would be cheaper. (Complete anyhoo...) And I could always use more soldier apes.

>On a good day, you can buy a solider ape complete for less than DST will sell them.

That's true, but I figgered the same thing about the Kirk/Klingon set but they seemed to sell pretty well.

Don C.

Comment

• drmego
              EMCE Toys
              • Jun 15, 2001

type 2 baby

The apes are all going to be type 2 style - the rivets used in the type 1
              bodies contained lead - that was why Mego stopped making them.

Marty and Neil told us this at MegoCon - it's on the DVD.

As for extra accessories and outfit variations - I will do my best to
              work on that - either with the figure or as an add-on product.
              As the guys at Diamond get to know this market, and I have some
              time to work it out, we should be able to make everybody happy -
              well, maybe not EVERYBODY.
              www.drmego.com
              www.megoman.com
              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• batmanmc
                mego batman collector
                • Jun 22, 2004

i would still rather see new stuff then old remade stuff.

Comment

• rikitikitavi
                  Museum Mongoose
                  • Aug 15, 2003

I think we can rely on Doc. Hopefully, there can be some soldier ape variant heads and some accessories.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                    Banned
                    • Jun 23, 2001

Need to see some NEW figures in the Trek Line first...

I have supported the EMCE Trek line by ordering 2 cases of each of the first 3 series. I know that's not a super huge order compared to others....but then again I'm not on the re-sale end of the figures. I'm supporting the EMCE Trek line because I want to see NEW never made figures. Chekov, Sulu, a new Gorn or maybe even Kahn. IMHO there has to be a new figure in the series by wave 4 or the interest in the Retro line will be completely lost. I can tell you that I don't think I'll order any more cases if by wave 4 there isn't any new figures in the line. I understand the whole dynamics of having to deal with Diamond...they are a Monopoly and dictate to others how things will go. But they have to realize that Trek is a DEAD line....always has been and always will be. Trek collectors lose interest really quick. See the 3 different companies that have had licenses to the Trek Line. New Retro Styled figures is what EMCE/Diamond needs to do in order to keep the interest up. Again, just my opinion. When you have a talented sculptor as James Brady is...you need to utilize that talent. And it's not like he'll have to create a new sculpt...he probably still has the sculpts from the Kahn that he did...as well as the Gorn.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                      • Apr 3, 2007

I know I've already said this, but I really would love to see some playsets. With Star Trek, The Enterprise set is pretty easy to come by, and not that expensive either, but an afforable Mission To Gamma VI would be nice. And since everyone on the main page was talking about the POTA Treehouse, Forbidden Zone, the Villiage and the Fortress, seeing those again (w/ more plastic than cardboard) would be cool too. If enough dads talked these things up, and got the figures for their kids, by next Christmas I could just hear some kid ask for one of those awesome playsets for Christmas, just like back in the day.
                      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• ABMAC
                        User
                        • May 16, 2002

Yeah, it would be a shame if some of the original Mego toys retained their value. I look forward to the near future when my kids will have to wrest my grandchildren away from their total-immersion video games to come visit me and my shoddy reproductions of forty-year-old toys.

Comment

• batmanmc
                          mego batman collector
                          • Jun 22, 2004

as fars as playsets go i would like a shuttle maybe a sick bay or engineer room. to remake old playsets without making them better or different is something i wont support. new ones yes. mike

Comment

• lepage
                            The Ape General
                            • Aug 12, 2001

Originally posted by drmego
                            The apes are all going to be type 2 style - the rivets used in the type 1
                            bodies contained lead - that was why Mego stopped making them.

Marty and Neil told us this at MegoCon - it's on the DVD.

As for extra accessories and outfit variations - I will do my best to
                            work on that - either with the figure or as an add-on product.
                            As the guys at Diamond get to know this market, and I have some
                            time to work it out, we should be able to make everybody happy -
                            well, maybe not EVERYBODY.

Whatever the outcome I appreciate the effort!

Comment

• Captain
                              Fighting the good fight!
                              • Jun 17, 2001

I just read the DST blurb about the new figures (Doc has it posted at his site.)

I hope I'm not stealing Paul's thunder here, but it mentions that Dr. Zira will be part of the assortment....you all know what that means!!!
                              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• jds1911a1
                                Alan Scott is the best GL
                                • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by batmanmc
                                as fars as playsets go i would like a shuttle maybe a sick bay or engineer room. to remake old playsets without making them better or different is something i wont support. new ones yes. mike
                                Hence why we await DIDAs displaysets so feverishly

I agree megoueque newer display areas are badly needed especially "generic" city places (newsroom, city street corner, apartment)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎