Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vulcan2074
    Live Long and Prosper
    • Mar 23, 2008

Congrats Brian. Thats one totally awesome figure. I just the Love the way that set looks.
    Sammy

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

That's awesome. My boys will love it.

Comment

• AcroRay
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 17, 2005

Great score, Brian! How I pined for that set when I was little....!
        Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
        AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
        The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
        Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• kennermike
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 4, 2007

Originally posted by mazinz
          Congrats on finally getting the HG zilla!! The tricephalon sets used to show up on ebay (daily) about 7 years back (when I snagged it) and then it kind of trickled down to nothing showiing up at all. I still have my original HG zilla/tri figures and some pieces and now I have the actuial box set again with a nice condition zilla and tri. If I ever do decide to sell the extra figures, you will be the first ot know
          I was going to say Doug I knew somebody here had this set you got any pictures

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

Godzilla rules!
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• mazinz
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by mattelmike
              I was going to say Doug I knew somebody here had this set you got any pictures
              I can easily take some, but they would not be up roughly until late tonight
              "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• mazinz
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 2, 2007

ok first I apologize for some of the pics, I had my camera set to "vivid color" and in some shots Tricephalon almost glows (then again that is kind of neat)

first I have this for you here
                this is the full 26 meg archive of all the shots I took after I fished out and set up the playset. This also includes two 3d pictures as well

ok here are two shots one normal and the other in 3d (red lens left)!! I did not fully assemble the bridge, so a bunch of cd cases were used to hold it up. I always liked the layout on the box cover, so I mimicked it to a degree

for the 3d pic stand at least 4 feet away otherwise you are too close for the parallax I used and the effect will not work well at all

these are two unofficial add-ons that came out 30 years too late, but would have worked wonders if they came out back then

first we have a bootleg of trendmasters Rodan made in the same plastic, size and style as HG's Godzilla. I wished so hard for something like this at the time this set was released. However the 90's and some low end toy corp gave us this mixed in a knights vs dragons type of set

up next we have something I made and is still in the works. Already cooked sculpey, I just need ot make the mold and add the resin. Perfect in scale to do battle with Tri and Godzilla

Now for Brian and possibly a few others, we can face facts that this set will never have a re-issue (unless someone boots it), and with each passing year some of the paper items get a little worse. I decided to do something and this way you can technically own most of the set. I am going to scan in the playmat as well as all of the cardboard pieces. I would do this in real size so expect some big pics (shooting for a 400-600 dpi, I can go higher if needed). The figures from this (Zilla and Tri) seem to show up more often than anything else from the set does. At least now with the scans, we can preserve the buildings and other cardboard structures that came with it. My set is complete except for the instructions and I believe one canon from the battleship (another reason why I was able to score this for roughly 36$ on ebay). The toy people and soldiers as well as the vehicles (minus the battle ship) have/still are made from a number of companies out of Hong Kong. Most of these items can still be purchased at party favor stores.

So get your soldiers, get the zilla and tri (or you best versions of them if you do not own them) and with my scans you can print out and create the set to some degree and save yourself a few dollars in the process.

this project is jumping to the top of my que list and I will start the scanning this coming week.

** if posting links for this to download is a problem please tell me know and I can keep it via PM
                Last edited by mazinz; Apr 19, '10, 12:32 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• mazinz
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 2, 2007

just did the scanning, and the whole project (since I used a 1200 dpi) is 1.31 gigs!

Comment

• ramsey37
                    • Jun 18, 2001

Looky what I found yesterday at Wonderfest:

I remembered this topic as soon as I spotted him in one of the booths, so I had to snatch him up. Now I just need to grab a Godzilla so I can have an all-out battle!
                    George

Comment

• mazinz
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 2, 2007

nice find!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎