Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marbkwds
    Da Bronx Mego Collector
    • May 10, 2005

I have nothing to do with the line . I am just a guy who has collected mego and mego like figures with pleasure of there simplicity maybe what you should think about is that they are TOYS . If you are such a stickler for detail then buy those 12" deluxe type figures that spare no expense on detail and make you pay for it through the nose ......... I'll bet not much makes you happy huh . Oh well it's like Doc said " You can't please everyone " wonder if you hear that a lot . Nah that would be nit picking

Comment

• gonzo
      Banned
      • Feb 3, 2010

I have to correct you. These are not "toys". These are convention exclusives, which makes them collectibles. Convention exclusives are often more expensive because they includes more details than can be fit in a standard figure sold at TRU.

If Mattel is playing the "simplified" card, that's fine, but at least get the colors right. Just compare their 1/6th Ghostbusters figures to the Mego figure. It's like night and day. If Mattel is going to "simplify" the packs so much to fit in with the theme of being a "retro" figure, then maybe they could at least get the basics right.

Maybe you can't please everyone, but you can upset everyone and Mattel seems to be great at doing just that.

Comment

• marbkwds
        Da Bronx Mego Collector
        • May 10, 2005

Oh ok ....... I stand corrected ..............................NOT . Dude , Its not a car or a dishwasher .It's a TOY . Not to mention it was a prototype shown as a sneek peek . I am gonna go out on a limb here and say "Your a postal worker ? " At least wait until the figure drops and if it's not up to your standards t, Which I am sure it won't be . Then don't buy it ..... No need to get bent about it ....... No harm no foul no moneis lost ........... and on that note I am done with this now . Good Luck to you

Comment

• gonzo
          Banned
          • Feb 3, 2010

If these are prototypes, I would like clarification on that, but they seem to at least be packaged samples, which means there will not be many changes to the final product.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I wouldn't know a movie pack from a cartoon one, its cool to see GB in Mego format, tho. Since this line is confirmed by the Mattel rep, it'd be nice if someone in the know would tell us where it will be available.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

I can understand people complaining about issues such as bad legs, but nitpicking about a prototype protopack?
              It's the Ghostbusters, and the prototype figure I saw looks exactly like the Ghostbusters. Who cares if there's 3 or 4 circles at the bottom?
              Sure, they are exclusives, but they are toys, made to have the same charm as the original Megos, which weren't 100% accurate either
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Sandman9580
                Career Member
                • Feb 16, 2010

Yes, it is really cool to see some Mego GHOSTBUSTERS. They are a good match. And cost effective: they can make 14 figures (4 cartoon, 4 Citizen Ghost, 4 movie, plus Janine and Louis Tully) all using the same exact costume pattern, and the same exact accessory. (And that's not even counting slimed/marshmallowed versions.) That's a lot of "proton blast" for your buck!

So... with all they're saving on tooling costs, let's hope they can make us some spooky spectres to go with!
                Last edited by Sandman9580; Apr 16, '10, 6:03 AM.

Comment

• DocDrako
                  Formerly Doc Drako
                  • Nov 11, 2004

YES! More "Megos" for my son and I to play with! I feel bad for my CTVT ghost. He's gonna be hounded until the day he uh...dies. Or something. I'm easy to please because all these new "Megos" are toys to me. I don't care if they're 100% accurate as long as they fit in with all of my other "Megos". Keep going Mattel! More! More! More!

I used the term "Megos" four times in this post. And my tires are filled with water!
                  "I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

All I can say is the spirit of Mego is alive and flourishing! It's very cool to see so much license in the eight inch format again. I constantly have to pinch myself because there are days when I feel like I'm in the 70's again.

Comment

• drmego
                      EMCE Toys
                      • Jun 15, 2001

I have not been told yet if they are a Toys R Us product or mattycollector only,
                      but my spider sense is saying TRU. This is too popular a line not to be at mass
                      retail.
                      www.drmego.com
                      www.megoman.com
                      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• spamn
                        Minty and All-Original!
                        • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by Shleprok34
                        I think the thing that intrigues me is that if Mattel introduces enough lines in the retro-cloth format, Hasbro will have to jump on the band wagon just to stay competitive. I like that idea...
                        I'm curious as to what happens if Hasbro were to join in.

Would Sideshow? NECA? Would any other players try to get in on that sweet, sweet eight inches?

Wait, that came out wrong.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by spamn
                          Wait, that came out wrong.
                          Did it?
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• GUYx1
                            FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                            • Apr 20, 2005

As far as the elastic goes, it's too bad none of us have any ELASTIC lying around the house. You know someone will have the ghostbuster suir resewn with cuffs like the "mystery astronaut" within days of release.

I am hard to please, but I'm really pumped for these new releases.
                            I Hate the 'make it yourself' angle. I prefer Made in China only, at least to start with.

My plan - over pay for the new EMCE figures, Rip them out of the packages, customize them here and there
                            and then when the mass market TRU stuff comes out, I'll buy those too.

I Moved into the 'Art Toy' world about 10 years ago and Megos are a bargain by comparison.
                            It's much more fun to see this affordable stuff vs forum posts for NEW super detailed figures which start at $125-$500 new.
                            Cheers,
                            Guyx1

Comment

• Flynne
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jan 22, 2003

I demand a "perfect" figure, made to my specifications and packaged how I desire, and available for sale next door to my house for a $2 price point!

Originally posted by Meule
                              I can understand people complaining about issues such as bad legs, but nitpicking about a prototype protopack?
                              It's the Ghostbusters, and the prototype figure I saw looks exactly like the Ghostbusters. Who cares if there's 3 or 4 circles at the bottom?
                              Sure, they are exclusives, but they are toys, made to have the same charm as the original Megos, which weren't 100% accurate either
                              What he said
                              An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• spamn
                                Minty and All-Original!
                                • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by drmego
                                I have not been told yet if they are a Toys R Us product or mattycollector only,
                                but my spider sense is saying TRU. This is too popular a line not to be at mass
                                retail.
                                So factoring in that and with all the tooling money they save on the figures, they can make an 8" scale Hearse!

Right?

Right?

I can dream....

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎