X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by drmego

And if Art Baltazar is serving refreshments again in Artists Alley, I'll be sure
    to join him for a cold one.
    man, I would love to be there for that alone.

edit: why aren't there any cool conventions like this in TX? NY and SD are pretty far away when you are stuck in the middle.
    Last edited by rche; Apr 15, '10, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Scarylad
      • Apr 14, 2010

I cannot wait to see where this line goes. I really hope sales are good enough to get into ghosts.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
        Formerly known as Del
        • Dec 12, 2004

So since we really didn't see much of them on Monday, does that mean we're going to get the real announcement tonight on Attack of the Show?
        Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
        https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
        http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• MightyMegs
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 5, 2009

Originally posted by Scarylad
          I cannot wait to see where this line goes. I really hope sales are good enough to get into ghosts.
          In the mean time, there are plenty Mego Monsters for them to fight!

Comment

• gonzo
            Banned
            • Feb 3, 2010

Apparently they showed Venkman tonight. He's in his movie "grays" (I still say they're brown) because of the Citizen Ghost episode where they reference the first movie in flashbacks. That's actually a good idea for an exclusive.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Here's a pic from toynewsi. He does come with the proton pack.

Toy News International - Daily Action Figures Toy News, Reviews and Discussions
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• gonzo
                Banned
                • Feb 3, 2010

Hmm. Something looks wrong. Are his legs too long? The proton thrower seems a bit puny. Weren't the packs blue even in that flash back? Maybe the suit will look better on the CAW body. I know the shoulder swivels will make posing him with the thrower in his hands much easier.

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

The more I look at this the more I like it.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Sandman9580
                    Career Member
                    • Feb 16, 2010

Originally posted by gonzo
                    Hmm. Something looks wrong. Are his legs too long?
                    Yeah, the end of the pant legs should be elastic and look "tucked in".

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Video clip from G4.

Mattel's Comic-Con Exclusive Toys - G4tv.com
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• gonzo
                        Banned
                        • Feb 3, 2010

That pack seems to be a mixture of the movie and cartoon looks. The round section at the bottom has the four red circles like the movie look instead of the three (two on top and one on the bottom, centered) like the RGB proton pack. Maybe Mattel plans to do a movie Mego line and only wanted to sculpt the one pack. Disappointing, on one hand, but cool because now I can continue working on my customs knowing there won't be a 100% accurate version.

Comment

• drmego
                          EMCE Toys
                          • Jun 15, 2001

You can't please everyone.
                          www.drmego.com
                          www.megoman.com
                          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• gonzo
                            Banned
                            • Feb 3, 2010

Originally posted by drmego
                            You can't please everyone.
                            No, but when you market something as being from The Real Ghostbusters, you can make the product look like it came from The Real Ghostbusters.

I don't even care that much about this particular figure, but if the actual RGB figures aren't going to have an accurate proton pack, then that is disappointing. I don't think that is asking to much.

Also, the pack is too small, but that's nitpicking.

Comment

• marbkwds
                              Da Bronx Mego Collector
                              • May 10, 2005

Thats beyond nitpicking ........... Slow down .. We should all just be happy that retro figures are being made to start down talking the figures before they are even released seems to be a bit extreme in my opinion ............. and anyways if you don't like just don't buy them , I am sure that many people will love just having them period .... and if you are that anal about detail maybe it is best to continue the customs .............. Roy

Comment

• gonzo
                                Banned
                                • Feb 3, 2010

I never buy the "we should just be happy it exists" line. Maybe you're pandering to certain people or maybe you're just easy to please. I've always been annoyed when my toys were grossly inaccurate. It always bugged me about Playmate's Ninja Turtles (new and old) and it will bug me about these.

These toys are based on one specific design. It's not like a comic line where you have had hundreds of designs over the years. There is just one style sheet for The Real Ghostbusters. Too be so off, even on the colors, seems unacceptable to me. The 6" GB line have all the small details down, but the Mego line seems to have been an after thought.

If you worked on this line and this upsets you, then do something about it, don't tell me I'm hard to please because I want things to look like they're supposed to.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎