Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price Check on CFTBL Ben Cooper costume.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justzeg18
    Career Member
    • May 5, 2003

Price Check on CFTBL Ben Cooper costume.

I have been offered this creech costume:

with this description:
    "This is an old ben cooper mask and costume by Ben Cooper. The plastic is torn on the front but it does not look like it has ever been out of the box costume is in great shape."

I know nothing about Ben Cooper values, and a quick search of ebay didn't really show me much. So I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight or value range for this guy?
  • AAAAA
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 28, 2005

100 to 500
    maybe more if year of release can be determined
    not a common outfit

Comment

• justzeg18
      Career Member
      • May 5, 2003

are there any online resources for ben cooper stuff?

thanks for the info by-the-way

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
        Career Member
        • Nov 27, 2009

Ben Cooper costumes are a tricky collectible to gauge.

But I have been dealing with Ben Cooper Costumes for years and have a lot of experience with them (I also LOVE them). Most of the time the prices are low. A select few can command high prices and an even fewer can go into the 1000's. But most of the time it's the first incarnation of the character that will get the highest price of that particular character and the others will drop off dramatically. And the more popular the character the more higher the price. Still, even a costume that commands a high price will sell low (even very low) from time to time. The Monsters BC costumes do have a cult following and the more obscure creature the higher the price (such as this Creech).

Depending on it's year, I can tell you for a fact that this costume that is shown on the picture should go for a price between 50.00-150.00. And the 150.00 is really stretching it and should only go this high if you really, really want it. How desperate are you for it? If the seller is going higher than this then I would think about it. But if you want it at all costs then pay what you feel is comfortable. Hope this info helps.

Let me know how it turns out.
        Last edited by Mego Superboy Prime; Apr 9, '10, 7:45 PM.
        If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• AAAAA
          Permanent Member
          • Oct 28, 2005

Ben Cooper Halloween Costumes - LoveToKnow Costumes
          retro CRUSH: The World's Greatest Pop Culture Site retro retro retro

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
            Career Member
            • Nov 27, 2009

Even better, and funny too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrtQ539dtjU
            If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• justzeg18
              Career Member
              • May 5, 2003

thanks guys.

Comment

• cactus725
                Caped Crusader
                • Feb 8, 2010

Just reading through the post and got curious..looking through ebay I found this costume
                http://cgi.ebay.com/1963-BEN-COOPER-...item19b6de8df5
                For Halloween in 1963. A month befor he was killed...I don't know but that looks like a good price.

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
                  Banned
                  • Feb 13, 2010

Originally posted by cactus725
                  Just reading through the post and got curious..looking through ebay I found this costume
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/1963-BEN-COOPER-...item19b6de8df5
                  For Halloween in 1963. A month befor he was killed...I don't know but that looks like a good price.

Its a stunning item I mean I would not buy it but still .....

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                    Career Member
                    • Nov 27, 2009

It is a good price.

This is a perfect example of the price for one of these costumes. And I've seen a nice JFK sell before for 100.00 and I always thought it could sell within the 100 to 300 range.

The only costumes I have ever seen that have been consistent in a price range are also probably the most desirable costumes on the planet. They are the 4 Beatlles costumes. John, Paul, George, and Ringo all can sell for well over 1000 each. And I have seen a perfect complete set sell for 10k! On average, the John Lennon costume sells the highest at a range of 1k to 3k and I'm sure it can go higher.

The 1963 Spider-man BC costume is the very first Marvel item ever released (Spider-man was actually on issue #5 when it was put out that year for Halloween) and this costume is legendary in the collectors market and only three are known to exist. I've seen it listed upwards to 10,000 in price guides. And it sells just as dynamically as this range. I know a the few collectors out there that have it and have sold it anywhere from 25.00 to 2000 (much lower than price guide value) and a mint one just sold on February of 2010 from only 275.00, so you never can tell with these things. But truth be told. Not many people are educated in Ben Cooper costumes and that is why the prices range so dramatically.
                    Last edited by Mego Superboy Prime; Apr 23, '11, 4:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎