Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MegoMeet 2010 Excusive Figure - Making Extra Fair?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sandman9580
    Career Member
    • Feb 16, 2010

I'm also one of the 15 who requested. Like a lot of members, financial circumstances prevent me from going on any adventures right now. (These are tough times to be keeping up with the Joneses!) I'm a huge Henry Jr. fan, and am hoping against hope I can get one of these. Being new here I didn't actually know how the MegoMeet exclusive worked--when I saw the announcement with the clues, I assumed Chris would be making just one figure, and that it would be given away in a raffle or contest or something. I thought, "No chance of me scoring that treasure, but that's pretty cool." So you can imagine how excited I was when I learned an entire run of these was being put together by a small, intrepid team of crazy customizers! (Top... men, Dr. Jones).

My point being, just by producing these at all, and effectively offering them at cost, Chris and the others involved are already going way above and beyond the call of duty. There could just as easily be no exclusive offered at all, to anyone. And then, in the interest of fairness, to consider offering this to members who can't go, so that everyone who wants one can get one, and everyone can be happy, is just really incredibly generous. So thank you. This is a great community, I'm glad to be here, Chris doesn't "owe" me or anyone else anything (no idols were tossed for any whips), and this is what I'm going to keep in mind if I can't get one.

Now...

*ahem*

...having said that , I really hope you guys make more!!! This is an amazing project you're undertaking, and I hope I and everyone else who's "jonesing" for a cool figure gets to enjoy your work, first hand. More fortune and glory for you!
    Last edited by Sandman9580; Apr 4, '10, 8:15 PM.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
      WANTED for card bending
      • Apr 26, 2008

Originally posted by Sandman9580
      I'm also one of the 15 who requested. Like a lot of members, financial circumstances prevent me from going on any adventures right now. (These are tough times to be keeping up with the Joneses!) I'm a huge Henry Jr. fan, and am hoping against hope I can get one of these. Being new here I didn't actually know how the MegoMeet exclusive worked--when I saw the announcement with the clues, I assumed Chris would be making just one figure, and that it would be given away in a raffle or contest or something. I thought, "No chance of me scoring that treasure, but that's pretty cool." So you can imagine how excited I was when I learned an entire run of these was being put together by a small, intrepid team of crazy customizers! (Top... men, Dr. Jones).

My point being, just by producing these at all, and effectively offering them at cost, Chris and the others involved are already going way above and beyond the call of duty. There could just as easily be no exclusive offered at all, to anyone. And then, in the interest of fairness, to consider offering this to members who can't go, so that everyone who wants one can get one, and everyone can be happy, is just really incredibly generous. So thank you. This is a great community, I'm glad to be here, Chris doesn't "owe" me or anyone else anything (no idols were tossed for any whips), and this is what I'm going to keep in mind if I can't get one.

Now...

*ahem*

...having said that , I really hope you guys make more!!! This is an amazing project you're undertaking, and I hope I and everyone else who's "jonesing" for a cool figure gets to enjoy your work, first hand. More fortune and glory for you!
      Thems some powerful puns there fella...rofl, but I wholeheartedly agree.

Comment

• trekman101
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2009

I have always felt that if you can try to make some one happy and it is for a good reason then you should.....the idea of variant packaging is the key....box at the meet with a serial number on the box and a matching one on its figure(1 of 40...2 of 40 and so on)....plain package and no serial number for the rest...how ever many they may be....and make the extras on your time table Chris..I don't think people who want them would mind at all and the meet still has its exclusive figure
        "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
          House of a thousand Megos
          • Aug 10, 2009

I'm going to the meet and I am getting one but I think that if a person on this forum that can't make it to the meet wants one they should be given an opportunity to make one themselves in kit form if Chris doesn't have time to make it for them. If Chris wants to and the person pays for it then thats not up to me its up to Chris. I hope everyone can get one that would be awesome, thank you Chris for making something that everyone loves and wants.
          Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• Duncan
            Museum focus-groupie
            • Jun 27, 2009

I'll be attending, and hope to buy one. Thanks much for making the figures - that's one of the cooler parts of the Meet.

In general, I'm philosophically opposed to limiting production of collectibles just for the sake of making things that are exclusive. However, this case is obviously unique because of the manual work involved. I'd say that you should feel free to make as many as you're comfortable making. I think you're doing the right thing by letting us know how many are made, but that's where your responsibility ends.

At the same time, I share the sentiment that it's nice to have keepsakes from events I've attended. The different packaging idea sounds reasonable.

Thanks again.

Comment

• batmanmc
              mego batman collector
              • Jun 22, 2004

i think its fai either way. if you make more lets say instead of 45 or fity you make 100 and only 75 sell at mm offer 25 to other people. or whatever you decide. its cool no matter what you do .

Comment

• AcroRay
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 17, 2005

Given that Chris essentially sells them for cost, perhaps he could provide a detailed 'recipe' for the figure after the Meet, and interested persons could assemble their own? Then they'd have the same figure, just minus the unique MegoMeet box.

The head would be the challenge, of course. Special arrangements would have to be made for that with the person(s) providing it. Maybe a DIY "head + recipe" package?
                Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍