X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

I Don't Give Enough Attention to the Micronauts

I guess because of my duties over at the MegoMuseum, I never really think to mention Mego's awesome Micronauts Toy line and for that I am sorry. Like a lot of 70s children I was totally blown away by this line, one part action figure, another part lego it was the stuff of dreams.

My only problem with it was it's lack of durability at times, I was (am) kind of ham fisted kid and that didn't fair well with these sometimes delicate Japanese imports. I still have my original Force Commander as well, I know it's mine cause my mom wrote my initials on the feet...
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

If I wasn't so heavy into Star Wars at the time,I might have paid more attention to these.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Hmmm...these just never appealed to me.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Jason73
        Correctamundo!
        • Jan 11, 2009

I had Hornetroid. Wish I still did.
        Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• Orion
          Museum Night Watchman
          • Mar 11, 2008

Only had a few as a kid. I certainly wanted more - especially a Space Glider and Acroyer - just wasn't lucky enough to get them. I thought about picking them up from time to time, but I don't have enough nostalgic attachment to take the plunge into this line.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I totally missed out on Micronauts. I got the Mego WGSH really young, and I'm betting my mother thought Micronauts were too complicated for me. By the time I was 5, they were history.

Still, they look really cool, and fun.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
              To Fear is Not Logical...
              • Feb 17, 2008

I have a bunch still. They were a lot of fun for me, but ironically I never gave a second glance at the comic book.
              It's all good!

Comment

• garagesale
                Dept. of Mego Studies
                • Aug 8, 2006

Never got into the Micronauts so much, either. However, it is an awesome line.

I sort of feel like the Bionicles took a page from Micronauts. My son REALLY loved Bionicles.

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• spamn
                  Minty and All-Original!
                  • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by UnderdogDJLSW
                  I have a bunch still. They were a lot of fun for me, but ironically I never gave a second glance at the comic book.
                  I loved the Micronauts as much as I loved the 8" heroes and had a bunch.

I thought the comic was crap. Nobody looked right, or even near as cool as the toys, and Bug, Marionette, and Commander Rann did nothing for me.

Though I do have the Claremont-written X-men/Micronauts mini. Haven't read it in years though.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

I was always really intrigued by the line, I remember poring over the Micronauts pages in the Sears Wish Book and really wanting some, but I never had more than a couple Time Travellers. I blame it on Star Wars, once the Kenner toys came out, most of my attention and money went towards them, and the Micros kind of fell by the wayside. Bad timing I guess. Once in a while, I get the itch to start collecting this line, but I've so far resisted. The last thing I need is yet another line to collect, but I may succumb to their charms some day.

Comment

• spamn
                      Minty and All-Original!
                      • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by cjefferys
                      I was always really intrigued by the line, I remember poring over the Micronauts pages in the Sears Wish Book and really wanting some, but I never had more than a couple Time Travellers. I blame it on Star Wars, once the Kenner toys came out, most of my attention and money went towards them, and the Micros kind of fell by the wayside. Bad timing I guess. Once in a while, I get the itch to start collecting this line, but I've so far resisted. The last thing I need is yet another line to collect, but I may succumb to their charms some day.
                      See, when Star Wars came out, I was mad that the figures weren't as cool (or as articulated) as Micronauts.

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by RSS
                        I still have my original Force Commander as well, I know it's mine cause my mom wrote my initials on the feet...[
                        Just like Buzz and Woody! Except theirs says "Andy".

Imagine all the adventures Force Commander and the Gabriel Lone Ranger got into while you were at school or off at college!
                        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Never had a Lone Ranger and I brought my FC with me to college.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• mars396
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Sep 14, 2007

Originally posted by RSS
                            I guess because of my duties over at the MegoMuseum, I never really think to mention Mego's awesome Micronauts Toy line and for that I am sorry. Like a lot of 70s children I was totally blown away by this line, one part action figure, another part lego it was the stuff of dreams.

LOVE the Micronauts ! ! ! !

How about some MM Micronauts trading cards ??

What's the latest Micronews from Hasbro ?????
                            Last edited by mars396; Mar 31, '10, 2:06 PM.

Comment

• Wee67
                              Museum Correspondent
                              • Apr 2, 2002

I really feel that this is/was one of the more underrated toy lines ever. I see there are many reasons why some never got into- Star Wars distractions, getting too old for toys or maybe too young at the time. I was getting more interested in skateboarding and the very early realization that girls might not actually have cooties.

Looking back at them, Micronauts just exlplode with play potential. They're really cool-ly designed and the interchangeability would a creative kid just go for hours! Even after losing some of the parts (you know you would), the figvures and playsets could be used for all kinds of space adventures. Its too bad these guys didn't get a cartoon. I think it might've helped.
                              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎